Monday, September 19, 2022

Making Spirits Bright

 Hiho, all! Hope you are having a good weekend. Honey's started another little art project with corks and I helped with what he asked me to (find him black card stock and gold brocade). We've also been putting a few airplane plants that we grew from the mother plant into macramé hangers we bought on Amazon. My computer friend is coming over tomorrow night to hopefully fix my gmail boo boo and I've been sitting for a few minutes at a time today. Progress is slowly being made!
Today I have a Christmas card using the monthly Gecko Galz Christmas Challenge image.
  
The first photo is the image and the second photo is after I resized it for the sketch and then added a black frame in PSE before printing out.
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch, resizing it to A9 in PSE.
Recollections white card base, golden yellow Chatterbox card stock for the bottom mat, the vertical strip element, the image mat and the Stamplorations die cut sentiment that I cut twice, glued together, then glued onto white Springhill Digital card and fussy cut. I added some red enamel dots to dot the I's. I surrounded the image with some green and white feather boa ribbon from my stash. You can't really see it well, but I also added the feathery ribbon to the vertical strip behind the image, along with some dark red velvet ric rac ribbon. The cute Snowmen patterned paper is Basic Grey Fruitcake and I ran it through my Big Shot with an A9 Spellbinders Intertwined Lattice embossing folder that a dear friend gifted me. I love the subtleness of the design and it kind of reminds me of snow flurries in the wind. I also ink-distressed the edges of it with some Versamagic Brick Red chalk ink.
I've yet to decide what sentiment to use inside the card, but the back got more of the Basic Grey paper and golden yellow card stock mat, with a stamped and circle-punched siggie lightly inked with some Versamagic Mango chalk ink.
Here's an angle showing off the embossing on the snowmen paper. I dotted each snowflake on the paper with some Picket Fence Stickles.
And here's a close-up showing the feather boa ribbon and the red metallic gel penning I added to all the berries. I also added some black Glaze gel penning to their buttons and adding the Picket Fence Stickles to his ear muffs, her hat and her fur trim collar, sleeve cuffs and boots. I colored him some black gloves with a black marker. I originally planned to white out that brown smudge next to his glove but decided what the heck, it's a vintage image. 😏
And final view. I 'll keep this one for our guy friends, as it is appropriate to send a man. I can see this lady walking around to all the snowmen and giving them some holly and making spirits bright!
😉
I really like the effects of both the dry embossing and the feathery ribbon (which adds to the kitschy retro look to my mind). 
Thanks for visiting, hope you have a great week ahead, XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Furry red velvet and feathery green trim
I've used a Gecko Galz digital image
Snowflakes on patterned paper, snowmen, snowman focal image
Song contains the phrase "making spirits bright"
Ribbons
Snow is frozen water

33 comments:

Lori Podolsky said...

You've created such a lovely and festive card, Aimeslee. And, what cute background paper. Thank you for joining our challenge at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again. Hugs, Lori - DT

lauren bergold said...

LOVE that fabulous vintage image and I especially love the idea of using an embossing folder over patterned paper... so striking and cool! So happy you could join our embossing fun at Jingle Belles!

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is gorgeous my friend. I've never heard of Gecko Galz so I'm going to have to check them out! I'm glad you're able to sit for a few minutes. Take care of yourself and thanks for the inspiration my friend.

Diane said...

Fabulous card, what a great image! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Diane said...

Me again!! Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Linda Mc Enery said...

Snow is definitely acceptable! This is lovely! Such a beautiful image and fun paper. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

Lia said...

What a lovely card with a nice nostalgic image. Well done!!
Lia DT CYHTP

Jocelyn said...

Your cards are always so beautifully finished. I love the cute image you have chosen for this card and the sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

Elaine Stark said...

A delightful card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Stellalena said...

A very great and wonderful card.
Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente challenge!
Good luck and I hope to see you again.
Alena DT Mirtillamente

Alyson Mayo said...

What a sweet image - love the colours as they are super bold! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS - Christmas!

Cards with Caitlin said...

This is such a darling card! Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !

Susan said...

Wonderful retro-look card! Love the cute image of the girl kissing the snowman. Thank you so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a darling card. Image is adorable and I love the DP.

ahlers5 said...

So cute! I love the vintage design.

Pamela said...

A great Christmas card - I like the backing paper. Good to hear your health is improving albeit slowly.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

A great Christmas card and I like the backing papers you've used. Good to hear your health is improving albeit slowly.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card, great design for our challenge.… Many thanks for entering and hope to see you again soon. Good luck in the final draw.
[aNNie proud Designer for Peace on Earth Christmas challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

SmilynStef said...

Love that wonderful vintage image ... so very glad you got embossable with us at Jingle Belles.

Michelle Lupton said...

Love the cute, retro image! Thanks for joining in with out die-lightful challenge at Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero :)

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

nice card
Thank you for joining our challenge
greetings jolanda bongers
dt girls creative crafts

Helen said...

Fabulous card - I remember that snowman paper well!

Thanks for joining us at Christmas With the Cuties.

Helen x
DT

Carol said...

So glad that things are on the mend and that Honey is still being your righthand man.
Your lady really seems as though she is from the 40's/50's and looks as though she comes from the front of a Vogue pattern.
Keep getting better.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

SarahR said...

Hello Aimeslee, this is a gorgeous card - so traditionally Christmas! I love that image!
Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Sarah - DT

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great image, and you used it really well Aimeslee. I like vintage images, especially Christmas ones. It's getting close to the holiday isn't it? Well, closer than it was-smile. Have a great rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

Lynda said...

Love the colours - great image and layout. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Mandy said...

I had to google what an airplane plant was and in the Uk we call them spider plants. My grandad always grew them when I was a kid and I remember the dangling baby plants hanging over the side of the fridge freezer. I am not very good with plants but getter better as I grow older and one of my most proud achievements is growing my own spider plant, it having babies and then replanting those. My grandad would be proud.

Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥
DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee. I like the image and the background papers. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! You incorporated Song Title very nicely. Thanks for playing at The Male Room challange.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining The Paper Shelter challenge and 12 months of Christmas cards link up. Hope to see you again next time

Kim said...

Adorable card. Love that the background paper really goes well with it. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

Goga said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at The Male Room