Monday, September 26, 2022

Hello Autumn

 Happy new week and well wishes to all. My prayers have been and remain with all those in the paths of Hurricanes Fiona and Ian. I was so hoping for a storm-free season. 😔 My computer catch-up is going slower than I thought due to me having to be more careful than I thought not to aggravate my hip, back and neck. I have been working on guest-design projects since my post last Tuesday, but I took a break from that to make a fall card for today's share.
I've had this unused Darice Dot Trees embossing folder for a while and wanted to try coloring the raised embossed trees shapes.
SUPPLIES:
Copper Brown Shimmer A2 Card Stock base
Karen Foster, DCWV, Doodlebug designer paper stash scraps
Darice Dot Trees embossing folder
Impression Obsession sentiment stamps
Pinecone Versafine Clair ink
Clear Dollar label die
Distress inks
Spectrum Noir Glitter paint pens
Corner rounder punch
Inside, I created the sentiment in PSE and framed it before printing out on some gold parchment paper and matting with some of the Doodlebug.
The back of the card with the front. DCWV and Doodlebug paper scraps and a stamped and circle-punched siggie inked with the DI's.
And final view. I really like the effect of embossing on designer paper and the Karen Foster fall-themed paper I used gave me a built-in background that sets off the glitter pen-painted trees.
Thanks for visiting and please remember in your prayers and thoughts those experiencing the hurricanes, may they endure and survive and thrive!
🙏💖🙏

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I used Brown AND Rainbow
 (Used all except black)
The fall colors in the photo inspired me

21 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Aimeslee,
What a very wonderful card and your design looks so fabulous.
That embossing folder used is very lovely and the colours used look so beautiful.
I always like how you decorate the backs of your cards too.
I remember when my Son and DIL were on holiday in Mexico at Hurricane season quite a few years ago I was so scared they would get caught up in the storms.
Lets hope that people are safe this year from these awful storms.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Autumn card and love all the Autumn coloured texture.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

ahlers5 said...

I love the texture and color on this...gorgeous!

Valerija said...

Awesome card. Love the colours and the texture.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Vesela hiška.
Valerija DT

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

Donna Walls said...

This Floridian says Thanks for the well wishes Aimeslee! I love the textured trees and the colors of your card. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge!
Donna xx

Bonnie Lynn said...

Gorgeous card Aimeslee!! Hope you're having a pain free day today or at least a low pain day. Thank you for the well wishes and prayers for Florida. I have a couple of friends in Ian's path. Take care of yourself my friend.

Darlene said...

WOW! What a project! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
Can You Handle the Pressure
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Thanks for also sharing this with us over on our Double D challenge as well as at Colorful Options and Inspiration Station. Good Luck!

Diane said...

Uniquely beautiful and great texture!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane DD and CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Judy McKay said...

Lovely Halloween card. Nice design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see your lovely work back here again soon. Judy DT

Jackie C said...

What a smashing project!
We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

Jackie C said...

What a cool idea that has worked do well!
Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

SarahR said...

Hello Aimeslee, wow fabulous card! I love the effect you've created with the embossing and colour choices - very smart! Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this time. Sarah - DT

Stellalena said...

A very beautiful card.
Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente challenge!
Good luck and I hope to see you again.
Alena DT Mirtillamente

Crafts in the Command Center said...

Wow! This is so unique, different and pretty. Great job with all the 3D effect. Thanks for linking your project to the Love to Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

Beverley said...

Fabulous autumn card, I love the embossing. Thanks for joining in our September challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

Majda said...

What a very wonderful card and your design looks so fabulous.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Vesela hiška.
Hugs, Majda DT

Arlene said...

Great texture and wonderful colors. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the September challenge. Arlene with the Die Cut Divas

My name is Erika. said...

What a fabulous card. It is fun to see something with a little different style. But it is still so you! I love how you turned these dots into trees. Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Helen said...

Love how you've used the embossing folder - it looks so effective!

Thanks for joining us at My Time to Craft.

Helen x

Kim said...

Fabulous card with lots of colors. What a great technique to use with embossing folders. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.