Friday, September 16, 2022

Gnome Place Like the Golf Course!

 Hey there. Hope everyone is doing well. Honey's still typing my posts for me. I am beginning to feel a little less pain, but still not sitting. I did another treatment today and am to try sitting after a few days. My computer friend is coming over this weekend to help sort out whatever it was that I did, so I hope to slowly catch up with visiting your blogs, commenting and answering emails. 
Today I have a 6x6 loose leaf art journal scene. The Paper Shelter's current challenge is to include a water element and since I've used one of their images, this one needed to be posted.
Here I'm showing  printed out bare design that I created in PSE using digital elements from both The Paper Shelter and Polkadoodles.
 And the finished piece after I did my freehand drawing and coloring of the background. Honey had asked me to make this a while back, which was when I created the digital portion of it. Bit by bit, I did most of the coloring. He has been such a support to me lately (and always), so I finished it up for him.  
I was going to hang it as a home decor deco, but he ordered a frame and now it's hanging with his other golf-themed stuff in his man cave.😍 Most everything in the scene has a sentimental significance to Honey. That's him and his lifelong friend Danny, who passed in 2019. The butterfly is because Danny had a butterfly tattoo. They played golf together for decades and always brought plenty of drinks and snacks. And you might be thinking, seagulls? Well, down here on the Texas Gulf Coast, seagulls are a common sight even 5-10 miles inland, in big store parking lots (especially those with fast food drive-thru restaurants) and even out on the golf courses, scavenging for food.
SUPPLIES USED:
Springhill Digital Card
The Paper Shelter Pre-coloured Gnome with baskets: Enjoy the Summer
Polkadoodles Pre-colored Gnome in Cart: Golf Cart Gnome for Men Color Bundle
Cottage Cutz Seagulls in Flight dies
Colorants: Colored Pencils, white and black gel pens, Ebony drawing pencil, markers
And speaking of food, it's time to share some food for Rain's Thursday Art & Dinner Date. This week we tried using her recipe for Thin Crust Pizza and it was delicious topped with bacon, pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese. We had also made some vegetable soup and enjoyed pairing it with the pizza.
Then for this week's dessert, good old chocolate pie! The garnish on top is a mix of toasted coconut, dark chocolate shavings and chopped walnuts. I don't have a recipe link because Honey used his mom's. But it's very similar to this recipe.

Thanks for visiting! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
The golf course is always my hubby's dream destination
I've used Polkadoodles and The Paper Shelter digis
Water

28 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous sentiment and card
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Bl og As I do Rodos

Helen said...

Super cute little gnomes! Awesome job! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

dj said...

Gnomes on the golf course...how adorable!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our sport/hobby challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Oh and I loved the foodie update...that pie especially looked amazing with the trio of toppings!!

Neet said...

This is such a cute journal page and I love gnomes. I have never seen one on the golf course though but there is time yet and I never say never really.
Love how you have not been afraid of the white space, the figures look absolutely wonderful and those birds in the sky are fabulous.
I am not sure what is the matter but I hope you start to feel much better soon.
Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey
Hugs, Neet xx

Ellibelle said...

Such cute gnomes and fabulous scene you made using them! And the pizza looks delicious!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Judy McKay said...

Lovely design. Very cute card, Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to bee you back here again soon. Judy DT

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love the card, what a great sentiment for a golfer! And that pizza is making me drool, my exactly perfect choice of toppings. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

My name is Erika. said...

Addin that seagull makes this page perfect for Neet's AJJ challenge. What a fun take on fur and/or feathers. Of course with those beards and mustaches those gnomes are practically furry themselves. Smile. Thanks for sharing this at AJJ. And I hope your computer problems get taken care of too. That pie looks delicious, and that pizza too. It's making me want a bedtime snack...Happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Linda Mc Enery said...

I just love your story behind this wonderful project! Such a clever design! Fabulous background and just perfect in its frame. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter, and for using one of our images!
Linda

Pamela said...

A great design and lovely that your hubby has framed it for his room.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Judy McKay said...

Lovely designed card. Very special project. Thank you for joining us at at a Place to Start this month. Hope to see your lovely work back here again soon. Judy DT

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fun card with the gnomes and lovely colouring …..that chocolate pie looks delicious too 🧡

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 36 Digi Choosday challenge….

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Ilonka said...

So beautiful your card. Thank you for sharing at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! What a beautiful card and so lovely you included a memory of hubby's friend, then made it into a frame for hubby too. AWwwww! I love your fab drawing, that is clever, and the colouring is lovely too. THEN! what a gem of a man you have to write up your post too? Yep! Definitely a keeper man. Give him a hug from me for being being so kind and supportive to you. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a fun and fabulous card! I love the gnomes, the golf course, and the sentiment!

Dawn G Designs said...

Love your scene!!! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge! I hope to see you in our next challenge!
Crafty Hugs!
DT Dawn

Rachael said...

This card really made me smile! I love a good pun! Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Polkadoodles. Good luck!

SarahR said...

Hello Aimeslee, I just love this - the gnomes are marvellous (and I love how they have such special significance) and wonderful how your scene will be displayed! My cards end up in boxes rarely to see the light of day again. Great scene creating with the background as well.

Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge, hope to see you again. Sarah - DT

P.S. - Your pizza looks delicious as well - we have a family Saturday pizza evening and I make them from scratch. Very enjoyable!

Carole J said...

Your gnome card is super fun and creative, Amy!And your food looks delicious!
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” September Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Margo said...

Such an awesome card !
Thank you so much for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge
Greetz
Margo DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Absolutely fabulous. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

K M Meena Herale said...

Fabulous card, Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see you next time. Happy Crafting

Hugs
DT Meenaa Herale

https://cardscraftandart.blogspot.com

mirtillamente said...

Thanks for joining us at Mirtillamente Challenge!
//evelin*mlj °owner and designer°°

Roberta Cercato said...

What a beautiful project!
Thank you for taking part in the September Mirtillamente challenge!
I hope see you again!
Good luck,
Roberta Mirtillamente DT

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at Let's Craft and Create :)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/http://

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What fun. Your gnomes are so adorable. This is a really precious entry for Neet's theme at AJJ.

BTW, I've also seen gulls inland before when I visited friends in SO Texas.


N-Eva said...

Wow this is just stunning. Nice work. Love the colours, love the image which you have coloured so beautifully and just love your design. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

Deborah Wheeler said...

THat's the most brilliant picture with your golfing gnomes - I'm not surprised that Honey framed it and hung it on the wall! Thanks for sharing it with us at Love to Craft challenge. Deborah DT