Sunday, August 28, 2022

Have A Beachy Keen Day

 Greetings! Hope all is well with you and yours.
Well, after all that pencil coloring, my hand and shoulder were so sore! So, I decided to make this card that was in a shoebox lid waiting to be finished. It didn't require any intricate finger work as the fussy cutting had already been done on all the elements. All the papers I used came from my Summer scraps box.
 
I went with this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my design layout. But I flipped the sketch horizontally and substituted the sign for sketch element 4. 
On a sky blue SU card base, I ink-edged and then adhered some very old and loved Flair Designs water waves paper. My next layer on white card, sketch element 2, was some very old Karen Foster sand paper. The top focal element, sketch element 3, is a little paper collage that features some sky paper, then more of the beach paper. Next, a fussy-cut and ink-edged a Gecko Galz' By The Sea collage sheet image, then more of the water paper. The pelican is a Rubber Soul stamp colored with Promarkers and fussy-cut. I added 2 Quickutz cloud dies cut out of white card to the sky. I printed a Gracielle Designs sign image from her Hang In There mini set, colored it with Promarkers and fussy cut it. I adhered Making Memories tiny alpha stickers and words cut from the collage sheet and colored with Promarkers to create the "Have A Beachy Keen Day". The sign post was stamped with an Avery Elle Woodgrains & More stamp and Memento ink, then also colored and trimmed down. 
Hope I don't give anyone vertigo with this sideways photo, but the glittery Stickles (Stickling?) shows up so much better. I added it to the sky, the water and sand under the signpost. Just a little but really catches the eye in real life.
This designer paper scrap that I added on a white mat to the back of card was just begging to be used and I did not have another piece of the Flair big enough, so I indulged myself. Isn't it pretty? I think it's Colorbok if my memory is correct. I added a stamped and circle-punched siggie with a bit of blue Promarker coloring.
And final view. Thanks for visiting and stay well! XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

18 comments:

ahlers5 said...

Wow, this card is just gorgeous! Seems you have been so very busy lately. I have a couple to go look at. I took a week off from everything. I had cellulitis in one of my legs. That was interesting. Antibiotics cured it pretty quickly. I am back tro normal now, thank goodness.

Judy McKay said...

Stunning!! Love the sentiment and the image. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Maria Valente said...

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs

My name is Erika. said...

You've been busy Aimeslee, and I am glad you decided to join us at TIOT. This is a fun beach card, and I especially love how you surprised us by adding that fun toucan. I'm off to go into catch-up mode. I spy a Halloween card post. Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Seafield Jo said...

This is such a fun card! The paper on the back is stunning. You put such a lot of love and attention into your cards, they're always a joy to see.
I hope your pain soon eases, it's so frustrating isn't it? I have arthritis in my hands which is getting worse, so I understand the need to 'pick and choose' what you do. Thank goodness we have crafting to distract us!!
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

Your wave papers go really well with the lady in her swimming cossie! Glad you managed to craft despite the hand problem.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fabulous card Aimeslee! Love all of your design elements and that background paper reminds me I have some around here.....I think. Glad you were able to craft even though you were hurting. Hang in there.

Kathy said...

Your card is awesome and sorry to hear of all the pain you are going through. I love the "vintage" look and you did an awesome job. Thanks for sharing with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge. Smiles, Kathy

Carol said...

This is a stunner Aimeslee - apart from her figure!!
You manage to put so much into your craft. It is a joy to see.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Donna Walls said...

Great vintage image and lovely sketch. I find that my hand gets sore after coloring with Pencils but not when I use markers. Maybe I'm pressing too hard using the pencil? Thanks for sharing with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Joan said...

Great card, lovethe beach scene

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge
Joan x

Joan said...

Forgot to say Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge
Joan xy

Helen said...

So bright and colourful! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

Helen said...

Fabulous! That really made me smile.

Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Ellibelle said...

Another fabulous creation, so perfectly completed all the way around!
Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge! Hope you'll stop by again tomorrow when a new linky will be posted!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Dawn Phillips said...

This is such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

Tonya said...

Great card!!! Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner. ~DT Tonya