Friday, July 1, 2022

Time for Merry Little Christmas Challenge!

 Hello and welcome! I'm sharing my first DT make for the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog today.
I've used a Beccy's Place digi from her Christmas Goose set, with a scrap of stash patterned paper and green SU card. Hope nobody dies of shock, but I went with a CAS design! 
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.
I colored the goose with Promarkers and used my glitter pens and markers to give twinkles to his necklace of lights. Even if he's grumpy, isn't he cute? I have a bit of a phobia about stringing and unstringing lights so I can relate. 😊 The sentiment from the set is accented with a few bulbs from Impression Obsession Christmas Lights die cuts colored with gel pens, Promarkers and glitter markers.
Inside, a Beccy's printed sentiment from the set on a Spellbinders Labels 10 die cut and a snippet of an I/O lights die leftover from a previous project.
More of the patterned paper on the back (forgot long ago who made). Cut an MFT Chevron Stripe zig zag die out of green scrap, and the siggie I use.

Close-up of the glittery twinkles from the light bulb die cuts!
And final view. Come join in the fun at MLCCB and get your holiday cards and projects going! Click on the link and check out the Playing Guidelines on the right sidebar for all the deets.
Thanks for the visit today, stay safe and have a good weekend! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Sentiment is a Christmas Song Title
I used Obsession Obsession Christmas Lights dies on the front sentiment
Striped socks!

20 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Loving the image of the tangled up Christmas goose!!! And Christmas certainly is the most wonderful time of the year! Thanks for linking up! --Becca/DT for MTTCC

Michelle N. said...

Very cute, sometimes it's how I feel during Christmas! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas Christmas in July Challenge!

Bernadet said...

Houw fun is this card Aimeslee!
Love it.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a difference to your latest work and it's just as fabulous, a great image from Beccy and I love the take on the sketch.
Faith x

Crafty KJ said...

Aw I love this goose with the Christmas lights all tangled up! Great colouring and that paper choice is fab! A great CAS style card too! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

Lisa xx said...

Gorgeous card and what a fabulous image

Thank you so much for joining in with my theme at Passion for Markers

Alyson Mayo said...

That goose wrapped in the Christmas lights made me laugh out loud! He looks SO unimpressed (as do many people as they struggle wth their own lights during that season...) Adorable :)

Becca Sadler said...

Hey! I'm back but this time to respond as your fellow new team-mate on MLCC! Your card is a great combination of charm and festive delights! --Becca

Berni Cuttino said...

Hi, I am one of the newest designer on the MLCC team. This card is so cute and fun. Hoping he get those lights on the light soon. At least he is ahead by 6 months. Great design and colors.
Hugs
Berni
chasingthedream.

Barbara Bruder said...

That goose is so cute and I have had a few days when decorating I felt just like him on that card. LOL Just stopping by to say hi from one of your new MLCC teamies.

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

I love the comedy of this card. So cute! Those lights can be frustrating! Lol. Your coloring is beautiful! x

SmilynStef said...

Those striped socks are just too fun ... love the sparkly twinkles too ... so very glad you joined us with your Stars and/or Stripes at Jingle Belles.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful funny creation! Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Arlene said...

Congrats on your first DT make for the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog. Such a darling card! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas Christmas for our July Challenge!

Beccy said...

Love it Aimeslee!! You did a wonderful job colouring the image, gotta love the bright red hat and striped socks. Great idea to add glitter to all the little lights too, it gives them the perfect amount of twinkle! I like the design you chose, the sketch is nice and simple and gives a fantastic end result.
Cheers,
Beccy

Doris Klein said...

Fab work! I love this fun image!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

cass said...

Fun card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our "CAS" Challenge.

MagsB said...

Another fun card, Aimeslee, I love the goose! Thanks for joining in again at My Time to Craft Christmas.
love Mags B x

lauren bergold said...

what could possibly more festive than a christmas duck in stripey socks?! so pleased you could join our "stars and/or stripes" fun at JINGLE BELLES!

Helen said...

Love it! Great expression on his face - he looks fed up already!!

Thanks for joining us at Christmas With the Cuties.

Helen x
DT