Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Uplifting A Friend

 Happy Tuesday, hope all is going well with you. 
I made this card for a sweet friend who received some bad health news. The cute little mouse image and sentiment are from the ITDS digital stamp set Go Fly a Kite.
I can't provide a link because the store is closed down for now, but here's the watermarked promo of the set.
 
For my design layout, I chose to use this Splitcoaststampers sketch.
I arranged my scene in PSE and surrounded it with a black border before printing. I colored the sky background by stippling 2 shades of Distress ink. I colored the image with Promarkers, heat-embossing the outer edge with clear powder after coating it with a Versamark pen. I die cut the Avery Elle cloud and Poppy Stamps Whittle Cloud border out of white card scraps. I used two lengths of  Art by Marlene washi tape across the white card base underneath the focal layer.
Here's a shot to show the heat embossing around the edge.
Inside the card on left side I used a scrap of patterned paper from my stash and stamped an IBFS prayer stamp in Versafine ink. On the right hand side is a sentiment mash-up where I combined a couple of the ITDS sentiments with a Making Memories hand-stamped hand stamp and 2 sentiment stamps by The Paper Company and MFT.
Here's an angle showing the back of the card with the front to show continuity. I recycled a hot air balloon illustration from a 2018 desk planner and added my stamped and punched siggie.
And final view. Thanks so much for visiting and have a great evening/day. xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Washi tape was a freebie/gift to me included with my online order,
and the air balloon paper on the back was recycled from a 2018 desk planner

15 comments:

Doris Klein said...

Fab make.. I like this fun image, too!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Kristine said...

❤❤❤ thanks so much dor creating with my image! You made a very fitting card for your friend!

Alyson Mayo said...

What a sweet little kite-flying mouse and the sentiment is perfect for the image. Great background with the clouds!

Lindsey said...

A great card for a friend, with lots of terrific elements. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Donna Ellis said...

Such a sweet creation! I especially like the contrast of colors. Hugs, de

creationsnz said...

Hi Aimeslee, that is a super card - great image and wonderful cheery sentiment. Thanks for joining our menagerie at Critter Crazy, CarolG

Heather said...

Awww . . . so cute!! I love how you added the clouds; they really finish the scene off perfectly! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenges.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A very appropriate image and hot air balloon paper for your friend. Your card is so cute.

craftytrog said...

A very sweet card that's sure to lift your friend's spirits Aimeslee.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling card with the uplifted critter and the fluffy clouds, Aimeslee! So glad you joined us again at Die Cut Divas!!

Cindy C. said...

Super cute card! Thanks for linking up to our May challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Just getting to my emails. This is so cute!! Your friend is going to love it! Have a great rest of your weekend.

Arlene said...

Very cute and I love how you decorated the entire card. Great sentiment for the scene too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas June Challenge of “Anything Goes”. Arlene, DT for Die Cut Divas.

Pia S said...

Not only is the front adorably decorated, but even the inside and back look great - well done! Thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational

foleysfriend said...

Thinking that your friend's spirits will be lifted up upon receiving this fabulous card. You used such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.