Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Let It Snow Masculine Christmas Card

 Hey there! Hope all is well with you. I'm happy to report that our new stove vent hood project is successfully finished. Otherwise, we are enjoying a tiny little cool front for the next couple of days! 🙌
Speaking of cool fronts, here's another Christmas card I finished, a winter sports theme for one of my nephews who loves skiing and sledding. I dug through my stamps and found a sled, a sledder and a skier to use.
 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, but I flipped it vertically, arranging the 3 image elements on the bottom instead.
The A7 card base is Kraft card with deep blue SU base mats on front and back. On front, I layered on a piece of blue sky stationery paper I found in my scraps stash. I cut a Tim Holtz Treeline Thinlit die from white card and arranged it in the center with a strip of white card for the snowy ground. I stamped a See D's Let It Snow sentiment with Versamark on a strip of the deep blue, then white-heat-embossed it and fussy cut it. Then I used  a Spellbinders Label 2 die to cut 3 blue mats for my 3 images stamped in Versamark and white-heat-embossed on Kraft, which I cut with the next smallest Labels die. I colored the images with Promarkers, gel pens and white colored pencil. I used very old Crafty Secrets, See D's and Hero Arts/Basic Grey stamps. I used my little snowflake punch with white card to make some snowflakes as the final touch.
  
Inside the card (at left) I have stamped Pink Persimmon and Stamplorations sentiments with Majestic Blue Versafine ink. At right is the back of the card with another TH Treeline Thinlit die cut and a stamped and punched siggie.
Here's an overhead shot to show continuity...
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me today and take care out there! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Blue, Red, Green (white and kraft neutrals)

15 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Aimeslee: Another terrific card linked to MTTCC! Thanks for participating in the sled/sleigh theme Christmas card challenge! The flipped sketch layout works well for your elements and the images are perfect to give a modern wintery sports look! FABulous! --Becca/DT

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wintry sporty fun.
Read that you completed a vent hood project. THat is awesome. We recently had our kitchen remodeled. We have new cabinets that go all the way to the ceiling, changed to a workstation sink, changed from electric cooktop to a gas cooktop, kept the vent hood but it moved down a bit, moved the double oven to opposite wall, moved microwave to a shelf where the double oven moved from and moved the refrig down the wall. Have more counter space and luv it all. Hubby did the wallpapering & backsplash.
Melissa CHNC Christmas Design Team 2022
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

MortiCraft said...

Clever creation of your background, the white trees look great. Really like the white embossing too as this ties your project together nicely. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Chris said...

A brilliant Christmas card for your sporty nephew! Great layout and design, the images work well together- I really like that you've decorated the b ack of card with the same tree diecut, it gives it such a lovely finish.
thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

SmilynStef said...

love that wonderful trio of images ... so very glad you joined our Masculine Merry Christmas at Jingle Belles.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I love that sparkling pretty treeline. Your nephew will love his personalized card!

Thanks for sharing your Out in the Country project with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a great card for a winter sports enthusiast! So many wonderful dies here and lots of fun color! Perfectly adventurous! Thanks for sharing over at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Darlene said...

WOW! What a cute creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

My name is Erika. said...

I'm so impressed you are sticking to this holiday card making. I like this one. And you'll be laughing at all of us making cards in December I'm sure. Smile.Happy rest of the week. Hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Aimes, you certainly pulled a Super card from the pot for our challenge, I absolutely love all the details, you are so good at details, Great images, love your take on the sketch, the tree on the back and your papers and of course the fabulous insert. Love it ALL. I'm here with both my hats on so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Sport challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Forgot to say, good to know all is well with the vent and your happy with it all.
x

JulieP said...

I love that you tailor your holiday cards to the recipient. Wonderful interpretation of the sketch and the back of the card. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS Christmas challenge!

lauren bergold said...

What a fabulous and individual card, each element is beautifully selected and composed for your winter-sports loving nephew; he will adore this! So pleased you could join our Masculine Merry Xmas fun at Jingle Belles!

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Kanan Pandya said...

Fabulous card. So pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.