Sunday, April 3, 2022

Rainbow Hugs Birthday

 Howdy, peeps and I hope your Sunday is going well. Our weather has been great today, very Springy. The sun is out and you definitely need shades, maybe for looking at my card, too! 😂 
This one began with trying to use the Gecko Galz March Image of the Month I'd printed on 3-1 and never got to. I looked at Inspiration Station's photo and my imagination went into gear. I thought of this lady in her spring garden with her parasol, when a sudden gentle shower came down. When she noticed all the flowers were colored like the rainbow, she turned to see rainbow rays shining down and enveloping her like a big hug. HA! Yup, I know, but that's kinda how I roll and I went with it! 😁
I took this photo of materials I used but forgot to include a few things, sorry. 
Here's the complete list:
DCWV 5.75" green card base
Avery Elle Everyday collection patterned papers
Green scraps for the grasses and misc. scraps for inside card
Springhill Digital and green heavyweight copy paper to print image and cut the dies
Hero Arts small sentiment stamps
Martha Stewart butterflies punch
Memory Box Butterfly die 
Kat Scrappiness Rainbow Hugs sentiment die
Impression Obsession tall grass die
Sweet n Sassy short grass die
HOTP flower dies
Spellbinders Art Deco Fairmont Labels dies for inside card
Funky Fossil 6x6 Rainfall stencil
Promarkers to color the Rainbow Hugs, flowers and butterflies
Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen for the white dots
Versamark to stencil
clear embossing powder
Versafine Clair Verdant ink for small sentiment
Versafine Onyx ink for inside stamped Crafty Secrets sentiments
We Are 3 digital inside sentiment
white photo corners from my stash
  
Gosh, it was tough trying to capture the stenciled rain in a photo so I had to zoom in on sections. Here's the best four. The whole paper layer is stenciled and thank goodness it shows up fine in real life.
So, I stenciled the patterned paper with the rain drops stencil and Versamark, then clear heat-embossed. I cut my grasses, flowers, butterflies, big sentiment and colored them with Promarkers. I stamped the small sentiment and trimmed the card. I colored a border around the woman image and added photo corners. Then I arranged it all, glued it down and added the white pearl pen drops.
 
On the inside, I used some precut very old mats I found (SEI paper, I think) and green copy paper to die cut after stamping on the left and printing on the right. On back, more of the Avery Elle paper and a Technique Tuesday and Sweet Stamp Shop siggie I colored.
And a final view. I know it's bright...and I love it! Color is my art oxygen, after all. 😊
Have a great evening and thanks for visiting! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
The photo definitely inspired my colors and design. I used a lot of yellow and green in addition to the other roygbv colors.
I went with Rainbow this time
I used the GG March Image of the Month
Umbrella/parasol

15 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Wonderful, fun and colorful design! Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station and we hope to see more of your creations soon!
Donna
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Makira said...

Absolutely perfect! Love all the details that you put into this! Thank you for the support of our challenge. I love seeing all your makes. Stay safe and healthy! Cheers, Makira

Kathy Krug said...

Great retro image. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you share with us in other challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Meggymay said...

A lovely design and fantastic bright colours, I liked your rainbow of flowers and the background. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
YVonne

Darlene said...

WOW you're hitting lots of my DTs today girlfriend! Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation with us on Double D, Inspiration Station and Colorful Options! Great job and Good Luck!
Darlene

My Side of Oz said...

Totally spectacular color and techniques! You did an amazing job creating your idea into a magical card! Awesome sauce!

My name is Erika. said...

I love the idea of rainbow hugs. That paper is fun, and I love all those bold colors you picked. That lady looks like she is in disbelief it is a birthday. Or maybe the umbrella is blocking the bright colors. Smile! Thanks for sharing those fun flowers with us at Try It on Tuesday too. Hope all is well and that you April has started in a good way. hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the hints on how you put this together Aimes, I can see her doing the same thing, so happy it's bright colours for her.
Faith x

Diane said...

Fabulous card and so cheerful, we all need that!! Thank you for joining our challenges at Colorful Options and Double D too!
Diane CO DT and DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Lynda said...

So vibrant and so fun.....great colour scheme - it made me smile anyway. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Vicki said...

This is so cute and such a happy card! I love that sentiment. Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create's Anything Goes with a Rain Twist.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wonderful card, love the bright rainbow colors, and the stenciled raindrops. Thanks for sharing with us at Four Seasons!

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the way you've used the colours to create a vibrant and cheerful card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

valscraftings said...

Beautiful and full of vibrant colours!

Thanks for joining in our challenge!

Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Wonderful Birthday Card Amy! Thanks so much for playing in LeighSBDesigns April Challenge! Winner post will be up by end of day ;0)
Happy Creating!
Leigh
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com