Thursday, April 21, 2022

Queen for a Day Happy Birthday

 Happy Thursday and hope everyone is doing well. I'm slowly going back to normal, but Honey's suffering with his sciatica now. Add in our mutual pollen allergies in full swing and we are just trying to stay in a happy mental state, lol. I'm so thankful for my art hobby. 💓
Today is a very special day as it's my friend Carol's birthday. She was born on Queen Elizabeth's real birthday, April 21st. We exchange cards so I made her a "Queen For A Day" card.
 
For my design layout, I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch in A7 size.
I used a Kraft card base and Basic Grey Motifica papers along with SU red and blue card. I used Spellbinders A7 Cascading Grace dies cut from the red and blue with the center die cut in Kraft. The base mat was ink-edged with red chalk ink and the corners were punched.
 
For the inside of the card left, I used a CAS-ual Fridays cowbell die cut from gold parchment paper and stamps inked with Versafine satin red and majestic blue. (This is an inside joke for Carol and her son.) On inside right a mashup of Hero Arts, MFT, CHF and Woodware stamps inked with the majestic blue. The back of the card features Making Memories stamped and heat-embossed crowns, an Artistic Outpost flag colored with Tombow markers and shadow stamped and a grouping of Papertrey Ink and Spellbinders die cuts and a crowned siggie on some of the Basic Grey paper that I ink edge distressed and corner punched.
From this angle, you can see the heat embossing and metallic shine on the center sentiment piece and the crowns. The crown stamp is Making Memories, heat embossed with gold ep. The center sentiment is a Cornish Heritage Farms stamp and the top and bottom flourish is a SeeDee's stamp. I heat embossed in clear ep, then colored with Promarkers and accented with metallic gel pen and gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pen. The center satin ribbon is from my stash.
And a final view. Happy Happy Birthday, Carol! I hope you have wonderful day! Thanks for visiting and I hope your day is wonderful as well, XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Using real stamps, heat embossing, anything British, special birthdays
I done real stamping and used crowns
I've done top row across: 2+ layers/glitter/color red
My Queen-themed stamps

19 comments:

Carol said...

Aimeslee - what a wonderful card. I was thrilled when I opened it and found all the majestic references and the 'cowbell' - WoW. I love the fact that people make such different cards. I love all that you put into your cardmaking. I couldn't do it as our styles are so different but I love seeing your style. There was so much UK on the card as well as the Stars and Stripes.

I had a super day and bless you and thank you from Surrey, England.
Hugs
Carol
xx

brenda said...

What a delightful and well thought out card for your friend, I am sure it was greatly appreciated. Many thanks for sharing and joining us at We Love Stamping April challenge.

B x

Jane Savage said...

Fabulous regal card!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Zoechaos said...

Great way to celebrate your friends Birthday and thank you for the nod to our beloved Monarch Queen Elizabeth II. Great entry to our challenge at We Love Stamping thank you and Good Luck xx

craftytrog said...

A wonderful card Aimeslee! So glad you are feeling better now.
Have a great weekend.
Alison

Linby said...

A real celebration of a card and so thoughtful. Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So beautiful and such a thoughtful theme. The colours you used are outstanding.

Michelle N. said...

You made a special card for a special friend that is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

As soon as I saw it I thought it could have been sent to Her Majesty for her 96th birthday, then I read you had sent it to a Brit, made my day. I LOVE this card Aimes, so much has gone into it with lovely thoughts too. Love it.
Faith x

Arlene said...

What a great way to wish your friend a happy birthday. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Tic Tac Toe challenge this month

Laurie said...

Great birthday card! What better hat could one wish for than a crown? Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

HilaryJane said...

This card looks very special, such a lot of detail and wonderful gold embossing. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

Sue said...

Aimeslee what a fabulous card! Anyone would be delighted to receive this. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Vee Cassidy said...

What a thoughtful card fir your friend to treasure. Thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations. Vee xx

Fiona said...

what a lovely card, I love how you have also added the stars and stripes element.

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Fi
x

My name is Erika. said...

I saw this post in my email but sadly it won't let me comment in my email. I had to come back and say that this card is stunning. You combined so many elements together seamlessly. I like the American flag ribbon too. What a great piece. Hope April is ending well for you. hugs-Erika

Lisa Bird said...

Beautiful card, I love your take on the layout. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog

Best Wishes Lisa xx

craftycard-designs.co.uk

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in our April 'Anything But Square' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

Lisa J said...

Thanks for playing along with us at Daisy Chain Challenge. Love the design of your card. Lisa J DT