Thursday, April 28, 2022

Outlawz Festive Friday Time

 Happy FriYay, everyone. Hope all are well and looking forward to the weekend. I'm not even going to comment on how I'm doing, lol. Let's just say, I'm alive and and thankful for it and all your well wishes. 😉
Time for a new challenge at Outlawz Festive Fridays, sponsored this month by LeighSBDesigns. Here's my design team sample make. We were given 2 images to use for April and since there are 3 challenge starts in the month, I'm using this beautiful Daffodil Trellis image a second time. This time, I colored traditional yellow daffodils and gave my card a bit of a garden pastels look. 
Here are the challenge themes this time. I went with the color yellow and an outdoor garden scene.
White 6x6 tent card base, KI Memories yellow and purple mats cut with Spellbinders 6x6 Matting Basics dies, Altenew 6x6 Brick Wall 3D embossing folder and white Springhill Digital card, computer-generated sentiment cut with a Lawn Fawn fishtail banner die, my Mom's lace seam binding, rhinestones.
Inside of the card I printed a LOTV digi sentiment and colored it with Promarkers, fussy cut it and adhered it to a KI Memories yellow card cut with a Spellbinders 6x6 Matting basics die.
An overhead shot to show the coordination. The back is matted simply with some of the same KI Memories purple card as on the front, and a stamped and punched siggie.
A close-up shot to show the shimmer and gems. The yellow daffodils, leaves and little purple flowers were colored with Promarkers, then coated with Wink of Stella yellow glitter brush pen. The purple flowers got little dots of Magenta Stickles in their centers. The vines were colored with a green Sakura Star Dust metallic glitter gel pen. The trellis wood was colored with purple shades. The image was then fussy cut in order to as much of the brick wall to show as possible so as to look "real". Very tedious work, but I really love how it looks. I used Art Glitter glue to adhere and it worked very well.
Another close-up that captures a bit of the Wink of Stella glittery sparkle.
And a final view. Thanks so much for visiting me and have a great day! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Garden trellis against brick wall
I've used the colors and gemstones
I colored with Promarkers and have used only squares
I've used Altenew's 6x6 Brick Wall 3D embossing folder and pastel colors
Flowers + Spellbinders 6x6 Matting Basics Dies A & B
Used Promarkers, gel pens, glitter pens
Promarkers used and I love purple with yellow and pastels
My focal image is a LeighSBDesigns digi Daffodil Trellis linked above

24 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Those daffodils are lovely and just right for springtime. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Very pretty card, the daffodils look so real and beautifully coloured
Thank you for joining
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

That's a pretty stamp. You colored it beautifully, and I love the purple mat.

Thanks for sharing your April Showers Bring May Flowers project with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Donna Walls said...

I must say your fussy cutting skills are beyond amazing! And of course your card is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll play along often.
Donna
The Paper Funday Challenges
The Inspiration Station Challenges

Darlene said...

Beautiful my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Becca Sadler said...

Your card is perfect for the current theme of MTTC!!! Brilliant!! You've layered this very well and those teeny tiny rhinestones add such delicate bits of sparkle! Love your trellis and brick wall elements! Thanks for supporting MTTC! --Becca/DT

Darlene said...

Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Pamela said...

I really like this. Being Welsh I can't but help like daffodils LOL! I also like your lace border.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful card and coloring Aimeslee!! I hear you on the FriYAY for sure. Enjoy your weekend.

Carol said...

I love this one Aimeslee. I am looking at all the entries but not doing much commenting as you know but had to say how gorgeous this one is. I came on the blog to do the closing down and posting of the next challenge and had to just have a peek.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is so beautiful! I love the wall in the background and the image is so pretty. Wonderful colour choices. I love the lace! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

My name is Erika. said...

I love daffodils. Mine are blooming beautifully right now and so I am really appreciating this card. Nice texture too with the bricked embossed paper and also the lace. This card is a beauty Aimeslee. It's another beauty. Hugs-Erika

Alyson Mayo said...

Those flowers on the trellis against the embossed brick background are beautiful! Who wouldn't love that in their yard? Fabulous work :)

Heather said...

Beautiful!! Such a pretty image and I love the purple lace! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenges.

MagsB said...

Daffodils! My favourite flower! Your card is so gorgeous, Aimeslee, and I am full of admiration for all the fussy cutting! A fabulous card! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft.

love Mags B x

Diane said...

Beautifully created! Thank you for joining our fun at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous Aimes, I love everything about it and as you know I'm partial to Daffodils :) I love the added lace frame,so beautiful.
Hope all is well with you and Arfur has stayed away?
Hugs
Faith x

Lori Podolsky said...

I just love your use of the lace, Aimeslee! I must remember that. Beautifully done! Thank you for entering our Birthday Card Challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Looking forward to seeing you again for our next challenge. Have a happy day. Hugs, Lori - DT

Lisa J said...

Love the Purple tones. Thanks for playing along with us at Daisy Chain Challenges Lisa J DT

Julie Reed said...

Great design thanks for sharing with us at the paper shelter this week.
Julie DT

Diane said...

Me again, thank you for entering your gorgeous card into our challenge at The sisterhood of Crafters!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
Don't forget we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween, giving you a chance to make Halloween cards year round, and with 50 or more players we have a prize to give away!
{Two Old Bats}

Sharon Noble said...

Hello thank you for visiting us at I love ProMarkers your cards delightful hugs Sharon xxx

Dreja said...

Ganz wundervoll!
Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
LG Dreja