Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Bunny Hop Easter Card

 Happy Wednesday again. This is my second post today. I've begun making Easter cards and this one was inspired by this month's Clever Dexter challenge. They give us a theme (Spring), a technique (watercoloring) and also urge us to use their sponsor's images (Stampers Delight).
So, I've used the Stampers Delight images Wall Prop and Fuchsia, printing them out on Springhill Digital card and fussing cutting both. I printed the wall 3 times to span the width of the background. I used Promarkers, colored pencils and my new Sakura Starlight assorted colors gel pens to color them. I hand-stamped the 100 Proof Press Handsome Hares and wall peeking Our Craft Lounge bunny and eggs on white card with VF-Clair Morning Mist ink and colored and fussy cut them as well. 
I created this background on Distress watercolor card, painting a sky and ground with my Yasutomo Niji Pearlescent watercolors. In the next photos, you can see some of the shimmer.
I used Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangle dies to cut the blue DCWV textured mat stack and the watercolored background. This is my favorite photo of the watercolor, love how it shimmers and there are many colors in that sky that cannot be seen really unless the light hits it. 
  
Just a couple more close-ups to show the Starlight gel-penning on the butterflies, flower and eggs. I really do like my new pens!
 
For my layout design, I chose this sketch as it gave me a good amount of freedom needed for a scenery card. 
  
Left, the inside of the card using hand-stamped Posh and Our Craft Lounge stamps. Of course, I had to color the sentiment! 😀 At right is an overhead shot showing a reasonably coordinated look. The back has another die cut blue DCWV mat over a sheet of DCWV half-mat stak patterned paper. 
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me today and have a great evening! xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I've used 2 Stampers Delight digis: Wall Prop and Fuchsia
My focal background sky and ground was painted with Yasutomo Niji Pearlescent watercolors.
I used the optional pastel colors, but not exclusively.
I used Stampers Delights Digis, linked above
Spellbinders Mega Rectangle dies and Corner Punch on card base
Spellbinders Mega Rectangle dies
Spellbinders Mega Rectangle dies

14 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Aimeslee, a super design, love the old fashioned bridge you have created with the digi image in the background and the pair of bunnies dress-up looks great. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Alyson Mayo said...

That little bunny peeking over the gate... love it! Great scene :)

Pamela said...

Fuchsias are my favourite flowers! Great card Aimeslee.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Elaine Stark said...

Love the splash of colour with the flowers, an adorable card. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Tone K. said...

Beautiful card! :)
Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the sentiment you've used.

Thanks for joining us at the Clever Dexter Challenge.

Helen x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Love your vintage card and your background watercoloring as well.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Look at that lovely sky and grass you created. Terrific! Your main image is just so cute. Love the flowers hanging down. So bright and beautiful. TGIF Aimes--Bethie

craftytrog said...

Fabulous card Aimeslee!
Thanks for your comment on my troubles. Hubby is getting his MRI this morning. I'm a bundle of nerves, waiting for the call to collect him. Just hope it's all clear!
Hugs, and have a good weekend.
Alison

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a fun and beautiful scene Aimes, love the colouring. Great die cut to show the image off and as always a Super insert and back of card.
Hope you're OK and Arthur is leaving you alone.
Hugs
Faith x

Chana Malkah said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Meggymay said...

A fantastic design, scene and images. I liked the rabbit peeping over the wall. Thank you for linking with us over at TioT's as well.
Yvonne

My name is Erika. said...

What a great Easter card. I love those bunnies (especially the one peeking over the wall) and how you added that gorgeous fuchsia. What a great spring card. Thanks for linking up to Try It on Tuesday Aimeslee. This is perfect for our spring flower challenge. Hugs-Erika

JulieP said...

Love the combination of cute and retro!!! Very fun. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS Die challenge!