Saturday, February 26, 2022

Time to Celebrate

 Hey There! Hope you are all okay. Today was cloudy, misty and cold, one of those days where I just cannot seem to get warm or stay warm.
This will be a birthday card for one of my nephews. I've used Basic Grey Vagabond for all the paper...DP and card base. The steampunk image is printed on Springhill Digital. The clock woman is stamped on a scrap of sand colored card and I die cut the Sizzix Gears out of what was left after fussy cutting. The clock, hands, gear corner and sentiment circle dies were cut out of the same sheet as the card base. The Clear Dollar sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Enamelware powder. I didn't like how white it looked so I colored it with a Promarker. I'd forgotten to pat the card first with the static powder bag so I got some strays but I like the look so it's all good.
I needed to use this Gecko Galz challenge image. I flipped it horizontally in PSE before printing.
 
I used Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC894 for my layout design. It's actually this week's current sketch! That never happens. I usually use a sketch that is 10 years old, lol.
So, I've been interested lately in my old Sizzix Bigz dies. Last card I used the sleigh, today I'm using the Bigz clock and hands. I thought it might be a cool steampunky way of framing the image. (And just to be quirky, I turned the clock a bit counter-clockwise to match the sentiment angle, just wanted to.) The Male Room's current challenge theme is Clocks and Lost Coast's is Steampunk Vintage. The card practically made itself from that point on. Okay, not really. 👵😏
Inside a mashup of Stamplorations and Papertrey Ink sentiments...
On back, same papers as front plus a few of the collection's scraps. The black circle is the clock's center cut out. Siggie stamp is Impression Obsession. The dp strip it's stamped on looks like a sunset to me. 
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me today! Stay crafty! xox

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I've hand-stamped the Clock Woman and the heat-embossed sentiment

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Everything about this says "steampunk". The Gecko Galz image you used is great and love all the stamping and die cutting you added to it. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Riet Harikini said...

I love the polkadot background colors. Great card en so verry steampunk. Thanks for playing with us at Lost coast designs.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm jumping up and down in excitement Aimes dear!!! I love Steampunk and this says it all. Love the black distressing on the paper, which I would have never thought to do, but it really does look nice. Remember how I once mentioned your quirkiness--which I love, well this angled clock shows quirkiness with it and the clock lady. Hope you're feeling well today. Hugs--Bethie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I don't care what era this is from! - it's amazing Aimes. Marvellously well put together with the Steampunk and vintage so beautifully shown off. I LOVE it. I'm here with both my hats on so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Clocks challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

MortiCraft said...

Lovely card full of clocks and how well they match with cogs! Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

My name is Erika. said...

I have that clock woman stamp. She is lots of fun and perfect for your card.Nice steampunk design too. That TH clock die is a classic and i like how you put the steampunk image behind it. The cold is arriving here tonight. Brr. Not looking forward to that. Thanks for sharing this with us at Try It On Tuesday for our texture challenge too. Have a great start to your week and end to February. hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A fabulous card! Your nephew will love it Aimeslee.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Aimeslee, beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Sari / Granne said...

Fab card with awesome details. Love how you have placed the GG image. Thank you for joining The Male Room "Clocks" -challenge. I hope to see you joining our new (starts tomorrow) challenge also.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous! Your nephew is sure to love this detailed card! I'm most impressed because I never get on with steampunk style! Thanks for another brilliant entry at Try It On Tuesday. Chrisxx