Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Little Birdie Birthday

 Hello, hope everyone is doing well. I have been down in the card making hole, most of which I can't share just yet, but I did finish one for you using an embossing folder so I could enter the new challenge Can You Handle The Pressure?
I embossed a piece of white card with a Darice folder called Birds Branch. Then I simply painted the recessed areas with my metallic watercolors. Yes it was tedious at times, but also calming at times. I love the look, reminds me of Wedgewood china patterns. I had no luck finding card stock nor patterned papers to match shades, so I went with a darker blue card and a neutral patterned paper on a white card base.
 
Since this card was made to showcase a technique (watercoloring), my card design was chosen with that in mind. I wanted the other elements not to compete but complement. So, this Splitcoaststampers sketch appealed to me as it has that big open focal layer. Also, I was able to use my gorgeous sheer flower ribbon for the horizontal bands in the sketch - I love you have to look closely to be able to see them. 
This is my first time using Prima's Pretty Pale A4 Collection papers, even though I've had them a couple of years, and I love them! I look forward to discovering what in my stash I bought that I forgot or never even knew what I'd bought, ya know? (I know you do!) 😋 It's kinda like Christmas! 😋The paper I chose to layer behind the focal is a floral scene but sketched and monochrome in a neutral brown for a calm background. I split the Crafters Companion stamped (Fallen Leaves Versafine Clair) and clear-heat-embossed sentiment top and bottom to keep the card's symmetry, using a Lawn Fawn banner die to cut them.
Inside, nothing special, just a stamped Stamplorations sentiment.
On back, I closely framed another sheet of the Prima like on front with an SU card stock mat. But then I put that on a different sheet from the Prima collection, a collage design. I thought it gave it an airy look. An Impression Obsession stamped and punched siggie to finish that off.

Close-up, showing the watercolor's metallic shimmer, so pretty against the opaque white.

And one last look. Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day! xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC224
Media: Ink, embossing powder, watercolors, fabric ribbon
Media: Ink, embossing powder, watercolors, fabric ribbon
Media: Ink, embossing powder, watercolors, fabric ribbon
Watercoloring

21 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, this is beautifully created and have shown your EB folder so well, love the layers underneath too, such a pretty card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

brenda said...

Hello Aimeslee,

It's lovely to see you back at River of Creativity and with another pretty creation, I do like your style and the way you carry the interest right through the project to the reverse.

A pretty embossing folder as well, I am just about to embark on a little shopping spree for one or two new ones, mine are so old and the depth of emboss has come on so much in recent years.

B x

Francesca said...

Very nice card! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

Darlene said...

WOW beautiful and what a fabulous job on that background painting! Have you ever inked up your actual embossing folder before running it through the machine? That's fun too!
Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Ashwini Rao said...

What a darling card, and what a fabulous job on that gorgeous watercoloring!! I absolutely love the look, and I appreciate how carefully you've constructed this card. Kudos to you! And thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous card! Love how the embossing is the star of the show!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Doris Klein said...

Amazing work!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Zoechaos said...

Apologies for the delay in getting round to you, there was a problem (for me) seeing the Inlinkz tool at River of Creativity so I'm just playing catchup now. This card is fantastic, the embossing folder has given a great deep crisp impression. You made it stand out so well with that lovely blue all around the embossed areas. I really really like this and appreciate your adding to the flow at River of Creativity x

Michelle B. said...

Such a pretty, delicate card and I love the watercolor/embossing combo, beautiful. So glad you joined us at Creatalicious Challenges!

craftytrog said...

I love this, it's beautiful Aimeslee!

Tone K. said...

So beautiful! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

My name is Erika. said...

I'm in catch up mode too, but glad you linked up to Try It On Tuesday. I like these love birds and that great texture. It makes a great birthday card. And it is fun to go through older things that get put away and rediscover items. With my redo project I've been doing the same thing. Yup, its lots of fun and like Christmas in February. Have fun making your cards, and thanks for joining us at Try It on Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful! I love the blue color and the birds. It does look like Wedgewood!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful. The popped white really stands out against your pretty background.

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRITTER CRAZY challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Creaine said...

This looks beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

Andree said...

A gorgeous card in a wonderful colourway. The beautiful, delicate centrepiece has a fabulous textural look to it.
Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank You for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is such a beautiful card Aimeslee! I love the metallic shimmer from the water colour paint. I do know what you mean about discovering 'new' stuff! I've got a lot of stamps still to meet the ink pad!! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Aimslee and it does look like Wedgewood china. Love the shade of blue metallic you've used. It's amazing the amount of stash that we 'must' have, then promptly put away and forget about - Enjoy your rummages. I keep promising myself a full overhaul in the craft room but lack of time and it's so messy!
Avril xx
p.s Thanks for linking to Try it on Tuesday.

Chana Malkah said...

This is very pretty, Aimeslee!

Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Owner