Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Have a Day Filled with Love

 Happy Tuesday, Y'all! My eye is so much better now and I am so grateful and thankful for all of you who sent me healing thoughts, wishes and prayers. Back atcha in spades! 💋💓💋
My card today is for a very dear girlfriend whose birthday and favorite time of year is coming up. Have you ever heard of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, the world's largest? It's a huge event around these parts since 1932. Pre-festivities begin this weekend with chuck wagon cook-offs of every kind everywhere, parades, livestock auctions (FFA students raise animals that are then bid on, we are talking complete 4-year college scholarship dollars for the winners) and then 20 days and nights of live big-name concert entertainment at NRG Stadium, beginning on Feb. 28. New Orleans and Galveston have Mardi Gras, Houston has HLS&R. And my girlfriend goes every year. I went one time back in the late 70's and saw BJ Thomas sing Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head as he rode into the Astrodome Arena in a tricked out cowhide convertible! Not my thing, really, but I do cherish my one memory.
 
I used Creative Sketchy Girls' Challenge #68 sketch and The Paper Shelter's digi called Adorable Cowgirl. I used the pre-colored version, so I did not color her. Printed her out on Springhill Digital and fussy cut her out. I edge-distressed many of the paper layers.
The rest of the card parts:
Papers - Making Memories red 12x12" card stock for 6x6" card base, KI Memories brown 12x12" card stock for mats, Authentique Frontier 6x6" collection for designer papers, gold parchment for inside
Dies - ElizabethCraft Western Edges (Mountains and Barbed Wire), Clear Dollar Tabs and Tags, Sizzix Stars
Stamps - MFT I Heart Celebrating, Pink By Design Cowgirl Up, Fiskars Make a Wish, Impression Obsession Cover A Card Wooden Plank (inside card)
Inks - Versafine Clair Pinecone (sentiment stamping), Distress Inks (ink-blending the mountains and the sentiment label), Memento Desert Sand (stamping the inside background)
Inside the card, I first stamped each mat with the Wooden Plank stamp, then my sentiments with the VF Clair.
On back, more of the Authentique paper, a Technique Tuesday siggie stamped directly on the patterned paper, and a barbed wire die cut adhered across it cut out of the brown mat card stock.
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me today and I hope your week is going well! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I've used Adorable Cowgirl from The Paper Shelter

21 comments:

Linda Mc Enery said...

Gosh, that sounds like quite an event! Your card is fantastic! Super paper choices. Your cards are always a delight to see. I so admire that you design every surface. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter, and for using one of our images!
Linda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well! what a Super card Aimes, love the fact it invoked so many lovely memories for you. It's so colourful and just wonderful. Good to hear you're better.
Faith x

craftytrog said...

So glad to hear your eye is better Aimeslee. I'm better too thanks.
Your girlfriend is going to love this gorgeous card!
Hugs,
Alison
P.S. It was British artist Kate Crane that started the Art Journal Calendar challenge, but she doesn't do that anymore. A few of us have carried on though :-)

My name is Erika. said...

This one adorable cowgirl on your card. I also like your choice of papers especially the hats and boots. This one is really fun Aimeslee. And good for you to find that cherry nut cake recipe. Thanks for sharing the link. It's got to be an old fashion cake, but it is a good one. I bet it would taste great with pecans too, but of course if you are allergic that makes a difference. I'm allergic to almonds so I have to do substitutions in recipes with those nuts. Thanks for stopping by my blog too. Hope you had a great Wednesday! hugs-Erika

cass said...

Great card, love you patterned papers combo. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Seafield Jo said...

I'm so pleased to hear your eye is much better.

This is a great card, I love all the different layers.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

You've put so much into this card that it's obvious that your friend is a very dear one.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Zoechaos said...

Well see you have done it again lots of different papers but instead of fighting they all fit nicely together and support the main attraction. Your friend must be delighted. Thank you for sharing with us again at River of Creativity. x

brenda said...

I just wanna say "howdie", this is such fun and so colourful and well, she certainly is the Rodeo Queen, I could lend her Heskey, one of our boys who we always said should have been a Western horse.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at River of Creativity.

B x

Cards By Leona said...

This is lovely! thank you for entering the february challenge at Creative Moments
leona

Margarets designer cards said...

So pleased your eye is better, this is a great country and western card, shes a lovely image of a cow girl.
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the barbed wire paper behind the adorable cowgirl - what a great touch! This is super cute :)

Melissa Czapor said...

I love your card!! The stamp and image are the perfect match!! :-)

ahlers5 said...

This is so adorable! Such a great image.

ahlers5 said...

Sorry if I commented twice on this. My computer is not behaving very well this morning. This is such a cute birthday card. I love the image.

Michelle B. said...

Yee Haw! What a fun card with so many fabulous papers and the image is so adorable and love your take on our sketch! So glad you joined us at Creative Sketchy Girls!

Jocelyn said...

I love all the different backing papers you have used and that little cow girl is just so cute. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Larelyn said...

How special is it to create such a personal design for a dear friend. Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.
Larelyn
Pearly Sparkles DT

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Aimeslee.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes plus the option of From the Heart Challenge #180 at Let's Craft and Create for February 2022.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions

Claudia Martins said...

It's amazing!! I loved Aimeslee!!Thank you for entering our Challenge in Through The Purple Haze. Claudia Martins DT/Coordinator.