Thursday, February 24, 2022

A Magical Birthday

 Hi Folks! Hope your Thursday has gone well. It's cold again here and while many fix soup or stew, Honey and I like to eat Mexican food when it's cold. (Maybe it's a Southern thang? My dad always made chili with tamales. He'd say, chili when it's chilly!) Well, Honey didn't feel like making chili tonight so we made what we call Taco Pockets. He made the regular seasoned taco meat but instead of taco shells, he put it in crescent rolls as a filling before rolling up and baking. Yum, so so good! I had mine with some Progresso Garden Vegetable Soup (and a few taco chips in there to make it taco soup, lol). It did the trick, warmed me up!
I'm popping in to share this slimline card I made using the digital image provided at Gecko Galz Monthly Image Challenge
The image is very long and fit PERFECTLY inside my largest Tutti Designs  Slimline Torn Edge Rectangles Frame. I created the sentiment in PSE in a gold-ish color and the smallest die in my Spellbinders A2 Torn Edges dies fit it perfectly. Since the colors in the image are so wonderful, I did nothing else except add some scalloped-punched edging from my paper stash that was leftover from another make and color-matched with the lighter blue in her dress. I cut the frame out of a yummy yellow SU card in my scraps as I had a yellow envelope. 
Here's a photo of the back decorated with more papers from the front, plus the siggie stamped on a scrap of AU card that went well with the front's colors.
Here is the stamped and heat-embossed Stamp Magick siggie. 
And a final view. This was made for a girlfriend of mine who loves Loving Caliber's Christmas song, Magic Day, which is why I chose the outside sentiment. I'm waiting to add an inside sentiment as her birthday is a few months off yet. I hope you are all warm, safe and well! Until next time, keep it crafty! xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Loving Caliber's Magic Day song and I used a Gecko Galz digital image
I have used a Gecko Galz digital image
Loving Caliber's Magic Day song and I used a Gecko Galz digital image

18 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice. The yellow and the royal blue look so pretty together. Slimline are a different kettle of fish eh? You nailed it.

maria f. said...

Oh how cool! Have a magical day (with yummy Mexican to warm up from the inside out ;)

Donna Walls said...

Thanks for sharing that recipe, I'll have to try it. Your card is lovely, I like the image and the background. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

Zoechaos said...

Now your meal sounds a bit like what we Brits call comfort food. something warm, filling and enjoyable! Another fun entry to River of Creativity, thank you xx

Pamela said...

A pretty card and great you could have a matching envelope.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful card Aimeslee! I hope it warms up for you soon.
Have a good weekend.
Alison

Ilonka said...

I love your card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Girlz Creative Crafts Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Creaine said...

This looks beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous image and your little touches make it a glorious card Aimes.
Faith x

Roberta Cercato said...

Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente Challenge.
Hope to see you again next month with another of your beautiful projects!
Good luck!
Roberta Mirtillamente Ambassador

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Amazing project. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Margarets designer cards said...

Pretty card with matching envelope
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Wonderful card Thanks for joining us at CCC digi Creation Challenge

Hugs
Claudia
DT CCC Digi Creation Challenge

https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Those taco roll ups sound yummy. I might have to steal that idea Aimeslee. And I really like this card. What a striking image. It makes a beautiful card. I like these popular slim-line cards too. I'll be back later to check out you newest blog posts. For some reason this morning has gotten away from me. hugs-Erika

Tone K. said...

So pretty! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Sam I Am said...

We are warm here in Florida! I love eating chili no matter what the outside temperature is. The image is prefect for slimline card. Your friend will definitely love this sweet card. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation at
A Place to Start Challenge Blog (https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/), Samantha, DT member

Seafield Jo said...

Another lovely creation, I'm sure your friend will love it.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Angelique said...

Thank you for joining us at Girlz Creative Crafts,
greetings Angelique, dt