Sunday, January 30, 2022

Space Age Birthday Guy Card

Happy Sunday! Hope you are all doing well. My eye is lots better. Thank you to everyone for your sweet well wishes. 
Today's card is another birthday guy card using The Paper Shelter's Retro Space Girl pre-coloured image (link is below in Challenges). She's cut out with a Spellbinders Classic Squares die and matted with bit larger die cut of brown SU card inked with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink and then clear-heat-embossed. I've also used Altenew and MFT stamps and dies with Versafine Clair Warm Breeze and Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate inks to make the planets. The sentiment at top was stamped and heat-embossed, as were the planets. The bottom sentiment was computer-generated by me and matted with a brown strip made like the focal point mat. The 6x6" card base was cut from a 12x12" sheet of KIMemories card stock.
I used a variety of mediums to create the background on watercolor paper and I love how it turned out! Mixed Media is scary fun because you never truly know what you are going to end up with. I first stamped it with Hero Arts 6x6 Star Light Star Bright stamp, spraying Dylusions Melted Chocolate spray ink onto my craft sheet and then picking it up with a brayer and rolling it onto the stamp. The edges of my card got good ink contact but I was left with mottled white space in places. Perfect! After drying and spraying with a fixative, I cut it with a Spellbinders 6x6" Basics die. I then got out my Perfect Pearls Interference colors and stencil-brushed them on where I saw white. I shook off the excess and then sprayed with fixative again. I put some Collage Pauge medium into a shallow cup and then added 2-3 drops of Distress Ink Broken China re-inker, mixing thoroughly. I took a paint brush and coated the entire piece, then pressed with a paper towel to remove the excess. After that had dried, I gave it a few coats of spray varnish so nothing will rub off.
 
I used Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2's 2021 Sketch 202 for my layout design. This sketch looked to me to be begging for some planetary alignment! 😂
The back has a sheet of paper from Carta Bella's 6x6 Space Academy paper collection. An extra stamped and die cut planet made a good launch pad for the EK Success stamped and heat-embossed siggie. Sorry it cannot be seen well in this photo but in real life it is clearly visible.
A close-up to show some of the shimmer and shine from the Pearlescent ink and all the heat embossing plus the background shimmer of the Perfect Pearls.
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me today and I hope you have a nice restful Sunday, XOX.

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
Used Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink, Dylusions Melted Chocolate Spray ink, Chocolate Brown card; also used TPS Retro Space Girl pre-coloured image
Planets and Perfect Pearls (thankyou, DJ!) 
I used The Paper Shelter's pre-coloured digi, Retro Space Girl
Blues and Browns

24 comments:

Pamela said...

This is image is so pretty and I like how you've decorated the back and front of the card.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

dj said...

P is for Planets and perfect pearls!! What a creative take on our challenge!! So glad your joined the fun and played along with our "something that starts with P" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Megan J said...

Hi Aimeslee, a stunning space card, love the galaxy paper you created. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Jane Savage said...

What a gorgeous card and the background is stunning!!!!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

That background is something Aimes. You really pulled out all the stops. I can see you were energized by the space theme. Glad to hear your eye is better. Very dangerous thing to happen. Have a great start to your week--Bethie

brenda said...

It's a fun creation for a lad Aimeslee and I can imagine the sheen with the Perfect Pearls, beautifully done, many thanks for joining us at River of Creativity.

B x

Carol said...

So glad your eye is OK. Fab card especially the background. I have sent you an email this morning.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Zoechaos said...

I do like a mixed media background with lots of different colours and textures, yours is just right for your space age feel. Thank you for sharing another of your cards with us at River of Creativity. x

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, my! This card is gorgeous! I love it all, especially the background you created. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

anne said...

What a fabulous idea with this sketch and I love the lovely fun image you have chosen. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Anne SSW2-DT

Sheryl said...

I love this design it is absolutly fabulous. It is just perfect!
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Deanna Mulder said...

What a cute card! I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Craft and Create. Deanna DT

Dewi Lestari said...

Wonderful! Thanks for joning at The Paper Shelter: #496 Chocolate Cake Day
Hugs
Dewi

Jane said...

The most amazing background, love all its shimmery pearlescent shine. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Valérie said...

Beautiful space-birthday card! I love the image and the sparkle. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday! Stay safe and keep crafting!

JulieP said...

This is so cute! And I love how you carried the theme to the back. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Die challenge!

Lori Podolsky said...

Absolutely marvelous! So happy you joined us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again, and good luck. Lori (DT - TPS)

Helen said...

Love your background and how you used the sketch.

Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

Helen x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OMG Aimes, what a brilliant card, I LOVE your background, how clever of you to take the everything and make it super. LOVE the card and the pretty image.
Faith x

Alyson Mayo said...

So cute - the background looks fabulous with that adorable image :)

Seafield Jo said...

This is a great card, such attention to detail.

So glad your eye is much better.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

ahlers5 said...

Wow, that background paper turned out gorgeous. It took so much to make it, but it is stunning. I read everything you did, but I got lost about halfway through. I'll have to come back and read it again when my brain is working a little better.

Kim said...

The colors on this are fabulous!! Thank you so much for sharing with us on the Star Stampz Challenge!!!

Irmelin Eriksson said...

Wonderful card! Love the background. Thanks for joining us in this month's challenge! Hugs DT-Irre