Sunday, January 9, 2022

Naughty or Nice

 Hello and hope everyone is well. We've had some rough weather this whole week almost, and I've been feeling worse every day. So I created this spread in my faux Travel Journal (TN) over the last 2 days to keep busy and not do anything more taxing or stressful until I feel better.
Supplies:
Rusty Pickle and Making Memories scrapbook paper
Gecko Galz collage sheet images
Spellbinder dies
CAS-ual Friday stamps and dies
Antique Linen Distress Ink
Onyx Versafine Ink
Promarkers, Gel pens, Stickles
gold photo corners, iridescent snowflakes

Here's the sketch I followed. I did not keep my photo and mat elements straight like in the sketch, but otherwise I followed it pretty faithfully.
 
Here on the left, you can see what the Rusty Pickle base paper looked like. I'm always a sucker for buying these kind of papers and then wondering how to use them. 😏 On the right is how I ink-edged the collage sheet images. I also inked the phrase strips.
The hardest part was stamping and die cutting the CAS-ual Fridays stocking and presents because I didn't want to tape them through my Big Shot so I die cut first, then stamped. Wow, my eyesight has gotten worse! LOL It's like that meme going around mocking the Ten Year Challenge, but it's your vision looking at a needle to thread then (clear sight) and now (fuzzy as hell-o).
Here's what I left off the page: these journaling strips inspired my page, but I felt things would be too crowded, so I think I will cut the words apart and adhere them along the outer sides at a little bit later date. Or, reprint them smaller and add as strips. As a child, I never liked being judged by Santa. I was a good child but I was always worried I would unknowingly incur his wrath, lol. I remember being very happy to find out that Santa was really my parents. Consequently, I never cared for the song. And to this day I feel for the kids who get all upset with worry that he might not come to their house. 

Thanks for visiting me today and I hope you have a great evening! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

24 comments:

Lori said...

I do hope that you are feeling better! Your spread is beautiful! I tend to struggle using those types of papers, too, but yours looks fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with our TN Time challenge!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful journal pages. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

craftytrog said...

Great pages! Hope you feel much better soon Aimeslee.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fantastic work Aimes! Your background paper is gorgeous and so is your layering. I hope you feel better soon. You do have your fair share of troubles. Hugs--Bethie

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun spread Aimeslee. I think you were smart to leave those strips off your pages. This spread is perfect the way it is. And you have some fun faces too. I hope your weather improves quickly so you feel better also. Thanks so much for sharing this spread with us at At Journal JOurney.It is much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

Alyson Mayo said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well... your artwork is still remarkable. I'm glad you are still able to craft as it is truly good "medicine" for the soul.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Amazing make as always, the many details you are able get into your projects and they don't ever look overloaded. This is beautiful, love the papers, I've never been successful, I don't think using them. Anyhow - sorry to hear you've been poorly again, kick that Arthur in the butt for me please?
Faith x

Carole J said...

Your double page spread is beautiful, Amy. You always have the best sketches to follow and yet you make your project unique. The background papers look fabulous with the Christmas images and your stamped and coloured additions along with the die cuts are perfect. Thanks for joining the challenges at Gecko Galz. e really appreciate your support!
Hope you feel better soon. xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Both of your pages are wonderful. Love those images. Thanks for sharing at AJJ. I hope you start to feel better soon- rough weather doesn't help I'm sure - take care. Hugs, Chrisx

Diane said...

Very pretty pages! Hope you feel better soon! It's been very snowy, windy and downright cold here in Michigan! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Darlene said...

Just beautiful my friend! I hope you're feeling better soon! Hubby & I are good but the rest of my family are all down sick with either covid or flu or colds! Ugh when will this ever end??
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

ahlers5 said...

This is really lovely. You are so dang creative! I love these pages. As for CCC I am somewhat annoyed. She did say that last year and put them in whatever folder I wanted to. I'm a tad OCD and it annoys me to put them in a folder that they were not meant for. That's how I keep track on what month is done and what isn't.

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design. I love both pages. Thanks for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Challenge Blog.
Kathy
POE DT

Meggymay said...

Realy sweet images you used in this wonderful journal spread Aimeslee. Thank you for linking with AJJ and I hope you feel better soon.
Yvonne xx

Diane said...

Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth with your beautiful pages!
Diane POE DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Darlene said...

Me again ... hope you're having a great day! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful Pages and I love all the detail and cute quotes!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you for joining the challenge at A Bit More Time to Craft. Hope to see you again next time

Michelle B. said...

Creating is a nice way to relax and enjoy the moment. You have created stunning pages, I love your style. So glad you joined us at Creative Sketchy Girls!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what gorgeous pages! I love the layers of your design, it's so perfect 😁. I hope you are keeping well! Take care and Happy January! Hugs Jo x

Unknown said...

Very nice spread! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

foleysfriend said...

Love the vintage-y feel of your journal. I like how you linked the two pages with those adorable stockings and presents. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

Toni said...

talk about eye candy--fab!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fabulous vintage journal pages. Thanks for joining us at MLCCB
Tina DT