Friday, December 10, 2021

Warm Winter Wishes with Outlawz Festive Fridays

 Happy Fri-Yay to all and it's time for a new Outlawz Festive Friday challenge. Click HERE for the 411. Our sponsor is Fred She Said Designs and I kinda fell in love with one of the images we were graciously given to work with. So I printed it out twice and have used it on 2 cards, the first of which I'm sharing here. I'll share the other card later this weekend. I'm currently in some bad pain and in a bad mood about it, which does sometimes happen tho I really try to stay on an even keel. I'll brighten up once I get through typing and get back to my creating table. 😘
So, this little birdie is a Nuthatch and isn't he cute? FSS has several adorable little birds but I love how this one is drawn sitting on its pine cone nest. The background is a digital paper gifted by Lozzy at Nin's Handmade Cards. She runs several challenge blogs and very generously offers her digi papers and packs as prizes and I have collected several. This paper is from her Star Splash Mixed Media set, shown below along with the Festive Friday themes of this current challenge. Thanks, Lozzy - I loved working with it!
 
So I chose the Winter Fantasy as my challenge theme. And after opening the digital paper in PSE I added FSS Pine Trees and the Nuthatch to it. We were given the pre-colored version of the bird to work with and a black and white version of the trees (there's also a pre-colored version for sale). Anyway, once I'd layered the FSS elements on the background, I created a new file a bit bigger and used the paint bucket tool to color it the darker purpley-pink in the background. I layered my scene on to it so that it was now framed in that color. Since it was sized for a 6x6" card front and I was printing out on letter size Springhill Digital card, I had some extra space to print a smaller square of that purpley-pink color, which I then used to die-cut my Stamplorations sentiment out of and also to punch some whimsical stars using my Fiskars thumb punch. I stuck the stars onto the tree tops that I colored with a green Polychronos pencil, and then I embellished the page with Star Dust and Diamond Stickles and my Sakura metallic glitter pen. This created some texture and glitter shine. I also drew just a little of a tree and branch to the bird's left with a brown pencil, but wasn't brave enough to do any more than that. 😨
Inside the card I continue the trees and greenery theme by adding some My Mind's Eye tree paper to the left side and then stamping a Pink Persimmon corner border in green Versafine ink to frame the Stamplorations stamped sentiment.
On back, more of the My Mind's Eye tree paper and the last scrap of the purpley-pink printed paper with a Technique Tuesday stamped and circle-punched siggie.
Here's a final view. (And I don't want to shock anyone but no sketch followed this time!) This card front was an experimental play for me in Hybrid Digidry (digital wizardry - HA! I made that word up, but as a novice it's all wizardry to me). I was going for a whimsical abstract look of a bird's eye view looking down on a wintry scene. How did I do? I think it's plenty good for a card as is, given my next-to-nothing digidry skills, but if I had to do it again, I would have maybe bought the pre-colored trees and resized a giant one on the left side to perch the bird into. Oh well, live and learn, that's what life seems to offer! 😎 Thanks for visiting me today and until next time, release your inner craft-kraken and stay well!

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

21 comments:

Pamela said...

One of my favourite garden visitors is a nut hatch - I love how they eat upside down! Great card and I hope the pain eases soon.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Carol said...

Hi Aimeslee. My head is in a bit of a spin after trying to take in all that was involved in the making of your great card.
Sorry that you are in pain too but 'chuffed' of the Uk sends a hug.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Darlene said...

These are just BEAUTIFUL my friend! Hope today is a better day for you!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Kristine said...

Aiiimmmsssss!!! This is jaw-dropping GORGEOUS❣🥰 Your digital wizardry is top notch for realsies! I love birds... used to collect birdhouses. I learned a few years ago that my mom's uncle drew birds and his colored pencil drawings were passed onto me. Anyways, you created a beautiful card and I look forward to seeing your 2nd card this weekend ❤

So sorry you're in so much pain, hope you fell better soon! My youngest daughter is always in pain, (Ehlers-Donners and Potts, as well as lots of allergies) just heartbreaking. Praying for you both!
Cheers
Kris

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Do you remember a photo from October that showed a bird eating out of my hand? One of the birds was a nuthutch. Such a lovely card. The inside is just as much fun!

Chana Malkah said...

Lovely card, Aimeslee! I think you did a good job sizing the images. Perspective is always a challenge in digital projects.
Feel better soon!

Thanks for sharing your delightful project with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, we dont see a Nuthatch bird where I live and I have only ever seen one for real, Love this card.
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Donna Walls said...

That is a sweet image, I love birds and they are great images for holiday cards. Thank you for entering your lovely project in our challenge at The Inspiration Station. Donna

craftytrog said...

Another beautiful card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well! you are one class Gal with "hybrid digidry", what a wonderful and colourful card you have put together, it's beautiful and cheery in one. Beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear your pain barrier is down! I hope Arthur behaves himself this week and your pain barrier is raised again. Keep well my friend, you have your humour it shows here, there is such a thing as laughing therapy? hahahaha. Must try it sometime (talks to myself!)
Keep safe
Faith x

Heather said...

Such a sweet bird - love the colors, and the sky behind, too - like Northern Lights! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

ahlers5 said...

This is another beautiful card! I love how the design is put right on the card front.

Chana Malkah said...

Back again, and your card is just as awesome as it was the first time I saw it!

Thanks so much for a delightful submission to our challenge at A Place To Start!
Thanks, for inspiring us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT
The Color of Cards, Owner

Doris Klein said...

OH wow... this is pretty!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY
*GDT* Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog

Ellibelle said...

Another fabulous creation with this gorgeous bird. Loving the magical scene he's surrounded with!
Thanks so much for sharing again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

Sue Jackson said...

What a beautiful winter scene and the colors are stunning! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

Jackie C said...

So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft.
We love to see everyone’s work.
Good luck, do come back again!
Hugs, Jackie DT member x

Jocelyn said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Seafield Jo said...

This is a beautifully designed and created card.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

I hope your pain eases very soon.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Suze said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee. I like the combination of the Nuthatch and pine trees with Lozzy's paper. I hope you are feeling more on top of things now. Thank you for entering the Any Christmas Card Goes Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

Leanne said...

Wonderful colors and wonderful images, love these winter scene. Thanks for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations! Happy Crafting!

Leanne DT/CCC Member

Christmas Craft Creations