Thursday, December 30, 2021

More Art Journaling

 Good Thursday evening to you, hope all are well. 
I'm sharing one more art journal page today, this one for challenges needing a door, stamping, stenciling and a pastel color palette. I'm filing this one under Risk/Fail/Learn because I'd do a few things differently had I a do-over. But that's what an art journal's for and it's still a good page.
First of all, here are the Incy Wincy and Girlz Rebel Challenge colors I was wanting to use. They are almost identical so I combined their challenge swatches in PSE and matched Distress Ink colors to them as closely as I could for stenciling, as shown above. I also used Versafine Clair Warm Breeze, Fantasia and Morning Mist to stamp.
 
I used 2 Stamplorations stencils: Checkers and Fairy Tale Forest. In the open squares I stamped a group of MFT candles with Distress Victorian Velvet. I really liked how that looked and thought about stopping there because I knew the background was too busy for the stamping to come. Oh well. Onward! 😚
So I stamped the Visible Image door, time/clock whirlpool and people, then the T.S. Eliot quote (have no idea anymore who made it). Ugh, shoulda stamped that quote further up into the corner, now it's gonna cause me problems with reading the portion stamped on the whirlpool. I got hung up on worrying over that or else this would have been the finished page.
Basically, the meaning of this page riffs off of the quote, in that we go through so much of our lives not really recognizing why we think and do what we think and do, why we close and open the doors of our experiences and ideas. Circumstances happen that aren't predicted, instinct and intuition take over more than we realize. The man and woman are falling through their lives, through the whirlpool of time. The candles represent the passage, their birthdays, etc. I had to have candles for the stamping challenge and they work well as a symbol here.
Close up to show the gold gel penning (which in hindsight I should not have used, probably). The quote reads "Footfalls echo in the memory, down the passage which we did not take, towards the door we never opened." - T.S. Eliot. Love that quote.
After stamping the quote and going over the letters with the gold gel pen, in frustration I got out my fine point Carbon Fountain Desk Pen with permanent black ink and went over them one more time. I like the composition and colors, but I definitely should have done some masking with the stamping and probably not used the checkers stencil at all and instead, made the leaves border multi-colored. But the only important thing is, I played in the challenges I was wanting to participate in, and I played, risked, failed some, succeeded some, and learned from it, I hope. 

Thanks for visiting me and best wishes for a safe and enjoyable New Years! xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a very lovely page, so much to see, and i LOVE YOUR INTERPRETATION of it. Love the door stamp, too. Thanks for joining us at AJJ, too, much appreciated. Happy New year, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

What a great take on Valerie's door challenge Aimeslee. I love how the spiral is coming out of the door. It has a big air of mystery to it for certain. Even your quote fits your page perfectly.And although it is a new quote to me, I think I need to copy it down to use. Have a happy, healthy and creative 2022. Thanks for joining us at AJJ also. Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Pretty pastel colours to see us into the new year, love how your stamped characters fall within the vortex of time, fabulous page.
Best wishes for 2002 may it be a happy & Healthy New Year Hugs Tracey x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I absolutely adore your interpretation of Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey. It is both beautifully conceived and nicely interpreted. Thanks for sharing this with us and have a safe, healthy, and creative 2022, Aimeslee.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I absolutely love this! Such a cleverly put together page! What a great quote - I have never seen that before. Perfect for Valerie's AJJ page! As I am so late here I can wish you a very Happy New Year, Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page, and a wonderful quote Aimeslee!
Happy 2022 to you.
Alison

pearshapedcrafting said...

I didn't know whether you would go back to my post but have just come to let you know that I am so aware that we are lucky enough to go out while many others can't. I do visit a few here in our retirement complex that don't go anywhere (pre covid hubby and I hired a mini bus and took some ladies on a jaunt - and hope to do so again when they will feel safe)
I just happened to have watched a news item before writing my post - the journal page having been made to pay a tribute to our great health service. The image had a headline on that said 'We Care' which I switched in my title.
I don't usually get so wound up and accept that there isn't any point in stressing over things that I can do nothing about.
Yes, art journalling is a great way of letting go, but I am generally calm and accepting that everything happens for a reason,
Take care dear Aimeslee, I shall think of you when we are out and about and pray that it won't be too long before you can feel safe too.
Hugs, Chrisxx

Kuni said...

Fabulous.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kun

Monika Skinner said...

Beautiful Art Journal page. Thanks so much for sharing it at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge.Good Luck and Happy New Year!

Sandra Wright. said...

Yes, this is a good page, love the stamping, the colour choice too is great.
Love it.
Thank you for playing along in our challenge at More Mixed Media.

Yes, I will still be around blogland Aimeslee.
I felt the time was right to drop out of More Mixed Media, I have been on the design team there for more than 2 years.
I want to get away from time restraints, although saying that I am still on the team at Tag Tuesday and twice a year at Sunday Postcard Art.
My health scare recently made me realise I should be doing more creative stuff for my own pleasure. So 2022 should see me doing quite a variety of projects.
I want to wish you and your family all the very best for 2022, hope you all keep safe from the virus too.
Hugs from me xxx

Suze said...

Great journal page Aimeslee. Thank you for entering the Sketch and/or Color Swatch Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

Rain said...

Hi Aimeslee! I love your journal page!! Wishing you a very Happy New Year! So happy to have met you and been able to enjoy your lovely artwork!! ♥♥

Donna Walls said...

Lovely mini journal page. I'm so envious of those can create lovely pages and layouts because that's something I struggle with. Thanks for entering your lovely project in our challenge at The Paper Funday. Donna

Marci said...

I adore it😍!! Thank you so much for participating with us at The Paper Funday Challenges 🥰 it's a great pleasure for us!
Marci - DT