Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Christmas Comes A Truckin'

Hello again! Hope everyone is a-okay. I'm sharing a Christmas card today that I made using the LeAnn's World 101 digi Going Home for my focal image.
I chose traditional Christmas colors using papers from The Paper Studio's Rustic Noel collection, each layer matted with red card on a tan base.  Every card layer was cut with a Spellbinders die - how cool is that? I used their 6x6 Matting Basics A&B, Classic Circles Small & Large and Fair Isle Pendant dies. I fussy-cut the Crafters Companion bannered sentiment stamped with Green Oasis Versafine Clair ink on white card colored with Promarker and heat-embossed with clear powder. Lastly, I added some iridescent snowflakes randomly all around. 
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC869 for my layout, resizing to 5.75 inches square. 
On the inside of the card, I switched up paper collections and used 2 collaged sheets from 7Gypsies' Santa's Journey. I also cut a piece of brown kraft with another Spellbinders die (Art Deco Astoria Label) and stamped a sentiment using a Stamplorations stamp and VF Clair ink.
Ah, my favorite shot of the front and back together to check for continuity. The back has another sheet of the Rustic Noel paper, some scrap strips and an EKSuccess siggie stamped in VF Clair ink. 
I colored my scene with Promarkers after lightly sketching out lines for a road and snow banks. I used Frosted Lace Stickles for the snowflakes and ground snow. I used a Sakura red metallic glitter pen for the tree decorations. Honey once had a two-tone brown pick up kinda like this one back when we first met, but as it aged he didn't want to restore it so he sold it to someone who did. It was fun riding in it but not fun for me to drive. At any rate, I had fun bringing it back to life a bit whilst coloring it, if only in my mind. 😊
And a final look. This will probably go to our nephew who loves old trucks, so it was kept flat for mailing. I want to thank you for visiting me today. Best wishes for a great week and until next time, stay well and keep on craftin'! 😄

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
~Colored my focal with Promarkers 
~Used 4 different patterned papers (front/back/inside)
Pick Up, Winter Weather, White Snow
I created a snowy background for my pick up truck
I colored with Promarkers, Sakura gel pens and Stickles
Mine's not red (on purpose), but my truck is also old, also with a load of decorations in the back and also surrounded by whiteness
Alcohol markers+Gel Pen ink+Embossing powder+Stickles glitter glue
My Honey's old truck, remembered in post 

30 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely work, visiting from Rain's

Pamela said...

I love how you've coloured the truck and the 'road'. And those strips of paper in the background work well.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT

Diane said...

What a creative and beautiful card, love all the pretty layers! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful Christmas card! I love all the different forms you used!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Carol said...

A gorgeous card Aimeslee. I love what you do with your paper backgrounds. I love the truck. I think you have the sort of terrain and country roads that go with a truck like that (or is that my imagination). I think it would look out of place over here. Not even in the wilds of Scotland would it look as good.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

p.s. Love your red truck too.

Creaine said...

This looks beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Darlene said...

OH my friend this is just awesome! I LOVE these old trucks and your coloring is fabulous! Great traditional holiday colors too ... love it! GREAT JOB! (I need to start finishing the back like this ... so impressive!) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Alyson Mayo said...

That truck is such a classic Christmas image - I love the snow that you created. Great use of patterned papers for the background :)

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card with great backing papers. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE your brown truck Aimes. Super papers and the papers are great choices, love the sparkly snowflakes also. Love the traditional colours. Love your card.
Faith x

Dawn Frost said...

Great Christmas Card! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn DT

ahlers5 said...

Aimeslee, this is such a gorgeous card. I love the coloring on the truck. Love the snow band and road, too. The entire card is just stunning, though.

cass said...

Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, with the option to make your own background challenge.

Kinjal Trivedi said...

Absolutely lovely creation. Thank you for sharing and see you again. Kinjal DT https://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/

Susan (rainy) said...

Such a wonderful image and lovely coloring. Love all the yummy patterned papers, too!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely christmas card, I like your image and design
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Seafield Jo said...

This is a great image on your card and I love the combination of backing papers.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Gale said...

Gorgeous card Aimeslee! Love all the different papers. They make your beautiful image pop! Thank you for sharing with us over at ColorIt! Create It! Show It Off!. We hope to see you again.
~ Gale DT

Bethie said...

Hi Aimes. Yes, I'm still alive. Just so behind in my blog subscriptions.

This bright Christmas card really packs a punch. The sketch you following is a lovely one and you certainly made it sing. The snow on the ground, your colouring, and patterned papers made quite a beautiful card.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful festive card Aimeslee!

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and papers thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card Aimeslee. I really love the image and your colouring is perfect. Your papers are fab too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Jana Forrest said...

Aimeslee you have created such a classic Christmas card. Love all the details. Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. DT~Jana

Melissa said...

Such a great card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Challenges.

Chana Malkah said...

This is a beautiful memory! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT
The Color of Cards, Owner

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Lovely work! I love your color choices!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the 12 months of Christmas cards link up, A Bit More Time to Craft, A Bit Extra, Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas, Christmas Crafts all Year Round, My time to craft Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card!!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!! *Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!! 
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Deanne Saunders said...

...and thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
*Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper