Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge Time

Happy Hump Day! It's a new Wednesday Sketch Challenge at Outlawz and our sponsor is Jan's Digital Stamp Shop. My DT make is a birthday card for one of my grown nephews, so I kept it flat for mailing and as masculine-looking as possible with a cursive sentiment, flat sequins and ribbon, lol. I'm thinking my ace in the hole is fire -- guys love fire! 😁
I have used a pre-colored image from Jan's Alone Together set on my card. I printed this twice and used the other one on my pink Autumn birthday card HERE. As I said then, I very much love sitting in front of an open outdoor fire on chilly days/nights, so it's a comforting sight for me. These pre-colored images are becoming very helpful to me when my arthritic fingers aren't behaving well enough for me to color. 
Here's a watermarked promotional image of the complete digi set. The design team was generously given the image that I've used to work with, but I own the whole set and love all the images that come with it, so versatile.
 
On left is the current challenge sketch. Since we are welcome to twist, turn, stretch it, I immediately turned it 90 degrees for my card (as shown). 
I've got a white card base and on it are layers of Memory Box's Nigthtfall 6x6 designer paper collection. The MFT die photo corners were cut from Nightfall scraps. I added some burnt orange skinny satin ribbon from my Black Hole of Stash, as well as flat sequins and the white birthday sentiment cut from Recollections heavyweight card with a Crafters Companion die set. 
I sized the image in PSE and printed it on HP glossy presentation paper, then took a pair of deco scissors and cut it out in a slightly messy way. 
On the inside I hand-stamped an old MFT sentiment that I keep because I just like what it says. As we get older, most of us want our birthdays to be more about relaxing and enjoying over how much action and adventure we can fit in. It fits the image on front pretty well and while my nephew is still in his mid-twenties, he has been on one adventure after another for the last 2 years, so he says he is ready to just chill a while.
Here's the back also showing how well the papers coordinate front to back. I added one of my fave stamped siggies from Kaiserkraft, stamped directly on a Nightfall scrap and fussy cut.
And a final view. Thanks so much for popping in today and until next time, please stay well and be crafty! XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Used a Jan's Digi link & photo in post
The pumpkin patch for many means Autumn, but for me it's by a "chilly" outdoor fire. I've also used the colors in the photo and my papers have the leaves
My card's paper has leaves and an Autumn theme and I've used all the photo's yummy colors

25 comments:

Carol said...

Good Morning Aimsleee. Love your card. It is a cold morning here in Surrey and the fire looks very inviting. You have used beautiful Autumnal colouring and the flat sequins to look like fire sparks is brilliant.
Thank you for your visit. Would love to talk properly. Can you drop me a line at cdsunday2@gmail.com - if you don't mind ? It comes directly to me only.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

craftytrog said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee!

Pia S said...

I think a comfortable chair is a nice masculine touch too, in addition to the fire. You've teamed this up with beautiful autumn colored papers. Thanks for joining in our masculine themed challlenge at Inkspirational!

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card although saying that would be perfect for anyone-love that image and great P.paper.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and hope you will join us again
Carol DT x

Jean said...

Fab card love the sentiment inside, Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

Rain said...

It's beautiful Aimeslee! I would love to sit there, our nights are getting cool! :)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Aimeslee, the perfect images for a guy card. You are definitely right about the fire, and if there's a BBQ involved, so much the better! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Pamela said...

I love the back as much as the front! The fire pit is perfect for a fella!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

stampinwithanita said...

I love your card, Aimeslee! I agree the pre-colored images are just the thing when you are short on time or can't color. Your design is great for a masculine card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!!!

Alyson Mayo said...

What a calm, relaxing scene - I can just picture myself sitting there, enjoying the outdoors. I’m sure the card will be appreciated!

Francesca said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

sue t. said...

Very peaceful. Thanks for playing along with us at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

Kinjal Trivedi said...

What a wonderful card! Love the sentiment and also how the back is matching. These little things make such a lovely gesture. Thanks for sharing this with us. Best of luck, Kinjal - DT https://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/

Seafield Jo said...

I struggle with masculine cards and think you've got it spot on here.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Awesome project. I love it. Thanks for entering your card at Penny's Paper crafty challenge
Superrrrrr je kaart. Echt tof. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Penny's Paper crafty challenge
Hugs
Claudia
DT Penny's Paper crafty challenge
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Izzy Scrap said...

The perfect masculine card ! Today here is a very rainy day and I would really love to be near this beautiful fire. Thanks so much ro sharing and for playing along at The RCC.

Donna Walls said...

Wonderful image, I adore this set. Great card too, looks so cozy doesn't it? Thanks for linking up with us at The Inspiration Station! Donna

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely card ! Thank you so much for your contribution to my challenge “autumnal colours/Halloween” over at Country View Challenges! Corrie x

Evelyn Walter said...

Lovely card, Aimeslee!
Thank you for joining in with our October challenge at Country View Crafts.
Have a wonderful week!
Evelyn xx

Carole Pollard said...

Great card I love the design Thanks for joining Sheepski Designs challenge Carole Design team x

CraftyGirl said...

I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

Jana Forrest said...

Aimeslee I so enjoy reading about how you create your beautiful cards. This one is really handsome. Thanks for sharing over at Penny's. DT~Jana

Ilonka said...

Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Sketchy Girls Challenge Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges.

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
*Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper