Sunday, October 3, 2021

Autumn Sunflowers Guest Design!

Hello again, hope your weekend has been good! I'm sharing a card I made as Guest Designer for the new Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes' challenge which begins today and runs through October 16th.
The sponsor is Sandi Huggett of Sandi's Samples and I was given her "Sunflowers" digi to use.

This challenge gives you the lyrics of a song or poem and asks you to draw inspiration from it to create. You may use any word or phrase, just be inspired. Here is the poem by Amy Lowell :

I was inspired by the words sunflowers, birds and rain. I used designer papers from Bo Bunny's Gabrielle collection, and added flat sequins and some clear vinyl bird ribbon for the rain and birds. I edge-distressed with my Tim tool and added some chalk ink to the edges of the striped bottom mat. I printed out and colored the sunflowers image with Promarkers. Since my favorite variety of sunflowers is Peach Passion, that's why I chose the papers so I could color some. I brushed the flower petals with clear Wink of Stella and added Cinnamon and Copper Stickles to the flower centers to give off some shine. I hand-stamped a hello with Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves ink.
I used Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC499 for my A2 card design.
Inside the card, I hand-stamped a mashup of Avery Elle, Impression Obsession and Leave Memories word stamps for the sentiment. Here where I live, sunflowers are grown up until Thanksgiving.
On back, I arranged Gabrielle scrap strips, hand-stamping the EKSuccess siggie in that little blank area of the designer paper. I also stamped a Leave Memories phrase stamp (from the set Monet's Garden).
And this time I remembered to take my favorite shot to show how the papers tie the front and back together. 💟
I took several shots to try to capture all the shine coming off this card, and failed miserably. This one was probably the best of them. Just know, these sunflowers glisten in the light!
And a final view. Thanks so much for visiting and until next time, stay well and craft on! XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.   Sweet Stampers #60: Stripes and/or Dots -- #5/5 I have striped paper and there are dots in my sunflower centers and sequins.
5.   ABMTTC #145 Sept/Oct: AAG -- #6/xx
7.   StarStampz #26: Add Buttons/Ribbons/Flowers -- #3/3 FLOWERS & RIBBON
8.   CHNPPC October: AG w/PP -- #3/xx 
12. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 39 -- #1/2  I used Promarkers to colour the flowers.
15. I Love Promarkers #444: AG Only -- #3/3

15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Aimeslee, I love the colours and papers and your design, a fabulous card, through and through.
Faith x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Outstanding!! Did I tell you how Outstanding your card is? What are the odds one would have bird ribbon? Glad the poem inspired toy. Beautiful work in highlighting the sunflowers 🌻 💛 Bethie

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Wow, lovely card. Thank you for joining Star Stampz challenge
Hugs
Danka DT

Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

ahlers5 said...

This is so very pretty! I love the flowers. I may have to hop over there and join in sometime in the next week.

Rain said...

What a pretty poem! And a beautiful card, you're so talented Aimeslee!!! ♥

Ginny said...

Appreciate you could join us for the Star Stampz Challenge. All the best!
--- DT - Gina Ang ---
Star Stampz Challenge Blog

Kuni said...

Wonderful card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs

Alyson Mayo said...

I love those non-traditional sunflowers - the big leaves and the coral color go perfectly together. Such detail on the other elements as well. Beautiful autumn card, my friend :)

Kristine said...

This is lovely! 😍

Lisa Bird said...

Fantastic card and design.
Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
I look forward to you joining us again.
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

craftytrog said...

A stunning card Aimeslee! I love the sunflowers and pretty papers you used!

CraftingMum said...

Such a sweet colourful card, thanks for chasing it with us at Colour Crazy craft challenge

Monica C. said...

A beautiful and I love how you have colored those sunflowers!! The highways have those little sunflowers all along the edges here and I am enjoying them a lot.
Hugs Monica

monique said...

Thank you for sharing in our challenge at https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/">Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in
Monique DT its fab