A happy hello to you today. Hope all is going well and you are staying cool. We are definitely having the hottest weather of this summer right now...so far. I'm just praying we dodge the hurricane bullet this year. My prayers to all who've been impacted by storms Fred, Grace and Henri.
Today I'm sharing another birthday guy card. I hand-stamped the Woodware lino cut "Oyster Catchers" for my focal image on watercolor paper. The blue paper is from Colorbok's 12x12 Marble Card Stock pad. The pattern reminded me of pooling swirling tide water and I do like the effect. The round Creative Vision stamped sentiment was punched and it is layered on an Avery Elle Signature seal die cut colored with Wink of Stella Gold. Next to it is a Whimsy seashell die cut painted with Smooch inks and brushed with WoS Gold. I added 2 stars from my stash. Behind it under the image are waves cut with an MFT die. The Shell-A-Brate sentiment was computer-generated by me in PSE, lightly watercolored and layered on paper strips. It's very hard to see, but at the top left of the sky I've adhered 2 flat clouds cut from deli paper using an MFT cloud cover die. So that makes a total of 4 different die cuts and 1 punch used.
MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
2. Die Cut Divas August: Watercolor Real or Faux -- #1/4 I scribbled Distress Crayons on a glass mat, added water and actually water colored the entire scene! Dies used: Whimsy's Build an Ocean shell, Avery Elle's Signature seal and MFT's Cloud Cover and Making Waves dies.
3. Color My Heart Color Dare #457: TicTacToe -- #1/xx I used the middle column: pink (Ballerina), blue (Bluebird), Gold. Then, I also used some brown (Toffee), yellow (Lemonade) and grey (Mink).
4. Incy Wincy 8/16-9/5: Use a Card Fold Tutorial and/or Animals -- #3/5 Animals: Oyster Catchers (shore birds)
5. The Male Room #153: 8th Birthday -- #3/xx
7. Stamping Sensations August: Any Celebration -- #3/3 I've hand-stamped and watercolored my focal image.
8. Crafty Animals #53: AG with an Animal -- #6/xx Oyster Catchers (shorebirds)
9. Scrapping 4 Fun #199: More Than 2 Layers -- #2/3
10. Daisy Chain Challenge #55: Boys/Men -- #3/xx
11. MAWTT #133: Summer Fun Only -- #3/3 Being at the seashore is fun! I did not use the colors.
12. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 32: Ag with Colouring -- #1/2 I've watercoloured my focal image
13. Sweet Stampers #59: Dies and/or Punches -- #1/5 Dies used: round sentiment (punch and die), waves, seashell; I hand-stamped and watercolored my focal image.
14. We Love 2 Create Mixed Media #8: AMMG -- #1/xx Stamping & Watercolor & Paper
15. TTCRD 8/17-8/24: AAG -- #2/2
16. Allsorts Week 637/8: Add Some Sparkle -- #2/3 Sparkle on my round sentiment, seashell and the sand dune in my image
17. Creative Moments #221: AAG -- #1/3
18. Crafty Gals Corner #222: Summer Fun -- #1/3 Being at the seashore is fun!
19. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #164: AAG -- #1/3