Happy Hump Day, Blogging Friends! Time for another new challenge at Outlawz Wednesday Sketch, which begins today and runs through Tuesday, 8/31. Here is my design team make using the sketch and an adorable image by our sponsor for August, Sherry West Art.
Bethie recently had a birthday and I made her this card. We've exchanged cards for a while now and just as I'd figured out that what I mail to her takes 9 business days or so, the Pandemic came and poof! no more reliability. The last thing that I sent before this card took weeks, so I made this and mailed it super early, hoping she'd get it before I needed to post it. LOL, it got there in record time SUPER EARLY, but at least it wasn't late!
Here's the Outlawz sketch. Remember that the sketch is for inspiration. Feel free to flip, rotate, re-size so long as we can see how the sketch lead to your creation. You can create anything, a card, tag, scrap page, box, gift bag, just as long as the sketch is your inspiration and recognizable. You may enter as many times as you like.
I used a sheet of 12x12" scrapbook paper to mat the inside. I not a 100% but I believe the sheet is from Colorbok's Vintage Treasure papers. The page is already collaged with the "happy", so all I had to do was stamp the "Be" (Brenda Walton Maison Ornate alpha stamps), "Celebrate" and "Wish" (both Fiskars) on the left and Uniko sentiments on the right.
Shabby vintage style with just a touch of distressing grunge...
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1. The Paper Funday Challenge #32: AG + Opt. Cute Critters -- #3/4 Option played: butterflies and a very cute baby chick/duck
2. CD Sunday Plus #67 Hosted by Jo: AAG w/USB, CD or Digi Image -- #1/3 I used a digi image by Sherry West Art.
3. Stamping Sensations August: Any Celebration -- #1/3 Birthday card for a blogging friend. I hand-colored the focal digi scene with my Promarkers.
4. Incy Wincy Designs Challenge 8/16-9/5: Use a Card Fold Tutorial and/or Animals -- #1/5 I've used animals: butterflies and a baby chick/duck
5. Cardz 4 Galz #153: Texture -- #1/3 I used a distress tool on the edges of my papers and inked them. I also have dimensional embellishments (butterflies, flowers, sequins).
6. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 31: AG w/Colouring -- #1/2 Used my Promarkers to color focal image scene
7. Cute Card Thursday #691: AG + Opt. Bright Colors -- #3/xx Option played!
8. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #53: AG with a Critter -- #4/5 Baby chick/duck and butterflies
9. Crafty Animals #53: AG with an Animal -- #4/xx Baby chick/duck and butterflies
10. TFJB Frilly and Funkie Challenge: Triple the Heat (3 of a Kind) -- #1/xx 10 Challenges Max I've got 3 white butterflies and 3 rows of zig-zag chevron stripes across the front of my shabby vintage card.