Happy May, everyone! That's right, it's May 1st and time for the May Anything Goes Challenge at Love To Craft Challenge blog. Come play with us! We are an all-crafts challenge blog and welcome any and all kinds of handmade creations - from cards, tags, ATCs and scrapbook layouts - to 3-D projects, mixed media and altered projects - and even knitting, crocheting, quilting and jewelry-making! Our only requirements for your creations are that it be new (no back-linking of previous projects), family-friendly and not all digital.
I have had this Fabrika Fantasy digital image, Cheerful Crab, for quite a while and just had to have him but have never used him. And he's perfect for this card, no? I chose to use the pre-colored image, in part to use my new printer, it's easier and because the colors look so dang good it's seems criminal not to use it! lol I did color the sentiment I computer generated with Promarkers, trying to make it like that fab sky. :-)
I chose to use this SplitCoastStampers sketch SC130 because the #2 rectangle was very close to the dimensions of my cheerful crab. I resized it to A7 in PSE. Since it's a pretty plain sketch, I was hoping I had some really good designer papers to use. I thought of brads or other small embellishments to fill the side, but I didn't have anything appropriate or sized right.
In the end I was good with leaving it sans embellishment, because you can actually see some of the 12x12 Basic Grey Color Me Silly designer paper. And what I did not realize until after I had adhered everything was that the paper I chose for the card front had little triangles and so does the crab's hat! Love when that happens, heehee. All the papers including the card base are from Color Me Silly. By the time I added all of the paper layers (which are all ink-edged with black VersaMagic chalk ink), it made for a pretty sturdy and heavy card, almost 2 ounces. But I think they complement the focal image better than any other papers I have, so I feel lucky to have thought to use them.
I matted the inside with some of the pretty green designer paper and added a sentiment I computer-generated and then colored with Promarkers.
The back of the card -- more of the designer paper and leftover scraps from the front with a Gelatins siggie stamp.
I hope you enjoyed seeing this burst of May color and pun fun! And I hope you will join the fun at Love to Craft Challenge #58 for May with an Anything Goes theme. As always, I thank you for taking the time to visit me and I hope you are staying well and safe and crafty! XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
3. The Paper Funday Challenges #28: AG + Opt. Spring Has Sprung (Spring Themed) -- #1/4 Option played - Cinco de Mayo is a Spring Holiday
4. Outlawz Twisted Thursdays 4/22-5/5: AG + Opt. Twist: Signs of Spring -- #1/2 Option played -- Cinco de Mayo is a Spring Holiday
5. CD Sunday Plus Challenge #59: AG with a CD, USB or Digital Download -- #2/3 I used a digital image called Cheerful Crab from Fabrika Fantasy.
7. TTCRD Anything Goes 4/27-5/4 -- #2/2
8. The Creative Crafters Challenge #39: AG -- #3/3
9. Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #145: Mothers Day or For a Special Lady -- #1/3 Card is for a special lady
10. IncyWincy Designs 4/19-5/2: Spring Colors -- #2/3
11. Scrapping4Fun Challenge #191: Ladies/Mother's Day/Girls -- #1/3 Card is for a special girlfriend
12. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies May Challenge #50: AG with a Critter -- #1/5 Crab
13. Crafty Animals Challenge #50: AG with an Animal -- Crab
15. Penny's Paper-Crafty #495: AG with Paper -- #2/3
16. Creative Moments #213: AAG -- #1/3