Since I was using Bugaboo digi's, I went with the current Bugaboo sketch, resizing it to 5x7" and turning it sideways in PSE. I extended the triple dots to the edges of the card, using pairs of gold photo corners, flower rhinestones and shaped purple and blue brads mushroom and bird). Otherwise, I followed the sketch, it's a great one for a scene card.
Here's the base mat background on the card front. It's a dragging technique using Tim's rectangular ink applicator with some felt. I used Ranger Glossy Card and applied diagonal lines of alcohol inks in ROY G BIV rainbow color order. I blew the colors around just a bit with a travel hair dryer. Then I squirted some alcohol blending solution onto my felt and some on the card (next time I am spraying the card with the solution). I then dragged the felt across diagonally same direction as the applied ink colors. I realized I used too much blue and indigo inks, so applying fresh felt with solution and continuing to drag it revealed some of the color underneath. I could have kept going but decided to stop as I liked the parts that were going to show.
I added the gold photo corners to the upper right and lower left of the focal image layer and adhered it to the background. Next, I added the rainbow ribbon to the background above and below the focal image layer. I added the mushroom and bird brads and I then adhered the background to my white A7 card base. The final touch was gluing the yellow flower rhinestones on.
Close-Ups of the scene:
My cloud coloring involved "in"-lining with a grey-blue color and outlining with a brighter blue. Otherwise, I let it be. I love how they are drawn.
The unicorn, so strong and confident with a glittery horn and pink mane.
I love these little characters so I included them in the scene as they both have wings and are pretty whimsical. This is the only Bugaboo fairy I have but she's plenty cute. And I love the expression on the sheep's face. Not quite sure if she's also a fairy but she has the costume down!
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2. Bugaboo Catch the Bug Week One April AG Challenge -- #1/3 All images are Bugaboo Stamps digis: card front has images from Fairy , Wishing Ewe , Unicorn, and Unicorn Set ; inside of card uses image from Birthday Unicorn Set 02 & Make It Snappy Birthday Fishes Frame Only
3. Stamping Sensations April Challenge: Fantasy & Magical -- #1/3 All images are Bugaboo Stamps digis: card front has images from Fairy , Wishing Ewe , Unicorn, and Unicorn Set ; inside of card uses image from Birthday Unicorn Set 02 & Make It Snappy Birthday Fishes Frame Only
4. CD Sunday Plus #57: AG -- #2/3 All images are Bugaboo Stamps digis: card front has images from Fairy , Wishing Ewe , Unicorn, and Unicorn Set ; inside of card uses image from Birthday Unicorn Set 02 & Make It Snappy Birthday Fishes Frame Only
5. Outlawz Crash Your Stash March/April: Glossy Card Stock -- #2/3 I used Ranger white Glossy Card Stock and alcohol inks to make the background mat on card front, using a dragging technique.
6. Pearly Sparkles #61: Animals/Birds/Insects -- I have a sheep and a unicorn
7. Get Creative Challenge #100: AG/AG -- #1/3
10. Use Your Stuff #419: Mood Board -- #1/3 Mood Board Inspirations: the stars, the bookshelf books arranged in colors reminded me of the rainbow, the bird is in profile looking up like the bird brad I used.
11. TTCRD 4/6-4/13: AG -- #1/2
12. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 13: AAG with Colouring -- #1/2 I used Promarkers to color my entire scene and alcohol inks to color my background layer.
14. I Love Promarkers #582: AG + Opt. Use Ribbon or Twine -- #2/3 Option played, sponsor images used and I colored my entire focal scene with Promarkers.
15. Double D Challenge: Anything with a Rainbow-Unicorn-Mermaid -- #1/3
17. Incy Wincy Designs 4/5-4/17: Borders and/or Bright Colors -- #1/5 I have both: bright colors of the rainbow and ribbon borders.