Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Happy Bee Day with ITDS and Honey Bear

Hello and Happy Wednesday to you! Hard to believe tomorrow is April, huh? I'm popping in to share what I made for ITDS's Digi-of-the-Month Challenge so I can make the deadline for linking. It crept up on me! Woke up this morning thinking I had all day to finish, nope! My brain ugh. I tell Honey I have March Madness and there's no basketball involved, lol.

Okay, so speaking of Honey, he now has his very own Birthday Card Deco for display, using this adorable Honey Bear digi set. How could I not have this? lol 

   
I found this SplitCoastStampers Sketch SC309 in the files and it looked very workable for my purposes. Resized it to 7.5x7.5" in PSE to get my measurements. I am slowly but surely making progress on these sketches, maybe one day! haha There's over 800 of them now. I'll need to live quite a while longer!

I began with a card base made out of Recollections Heavy card stock and inked the entire surface with Distress Mustard Seed ink and a blending brush. Then I used a Creative Coach honeycomb stencil with some Distress Fired Brick ink over that. Then I used a Dylusions stencil with Distress Peeled Paint and Forest Moss to make the vines border. 

Next, I added a sheet of Pink Paislee Queen Bee green dot designer paper after ink-edging with Versamagic Gingerbread Chalk Ink. The stenciled vines had left two openings at top and bottom, so I took a yellow sheet of the Pink Paislee and ran it through my Cuttlebug in a Tim Honeycomb embossing folder. I sponged the raised pattern with some Red Brick Versamagic and then cut 2 strips, inked the edges of those and adhered in the openings, edge flush. 

I colored my focal image with a combo of Promarkers and colored pencils. I added highlights with my Sakura Clear Star gel pen for a goldish glitter shine. I added 4 gold photo corners and then adhered the image to the project. I used a Spellbinders Fancy Labels die to cut the supplied digi sentiment that I colored with light green pencil and cut out. I cut another label with the yellow designer paper and then layered the colored sentiment in it's spot. I lightly edge-distressed it with more of the Versamagic red chalk ink and adhered to project. 

Close-ups:



Forgot to say, I took out some yellow and red Prima paper flowers, glued them down in two layers, then added a yellow rhinestone to each center. All the shineys be shining in this pic, lol.

And a final view. I'll be adding challenges, but looks like I'll make the deadline, whew! I hope your week is going good and I thank you for visiting! Stay well and stay crafty! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
3.   Inkspirational #235: Fur or Feathers -- Bears have fur.  
7.   Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 11: AAG with Colouring -- I used Promarkers, Distress Inks and gel pens
16. A Place to Start March #3: Pick a Shape -- #2/8 -- SQUARE card shape  
17. Use Your Stuff #155: Mood Board -- The bee and the yellows influenced me.
18. Double Trouble #80: Something, Anything, Everything -- #1/3 I made a deco birthday card using mostly my old stash and colored the focal image stamp with Promarkers and Pitt pens, then have linked it also to The Paper Funday Challenge #27 and Use Your Stuff #419. So All 3 Things were obeyed! ;-)  
  

22 comments:

Kristine said...

WOW Aimslee, jut in the nick of time! LOL - I absolutely LOVE how ARTISTIC this card is with all the sponging and stencils and cute die for the sentiment... and a great sketch-ta-boot! Great job!! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Imagine That Digistamp :)

Ella's Design said...

What a bright and cheerful card, Aimeslee! That little bear looks like he's having a whale of a time with his honey pot!
Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers, Lisa x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This card is so very adorable.!! Love the distressing, the colours, everything, including the layout that was perfectly orchestrated. A winner in my books!

Elaine Stark said...

Fabulous colours, very happy. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Joyce said...

This is really cute, and your coloring is spot on. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Melanie R said...

Your card is so bright and cheerful, Aimeslee! My favorite single element is the pattern on the tree. Thank you for sharing your techniques and thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #80. -- Melanie R.

CraftingMum said...

Super colourful card, thanks for joining us at Colour crazy craft challenge.
Louise

Donna Walls said...

Wow! Awesome use of the sketch and stencil to create a gorgeous card. Thanks for entering your project in the Paper Funday Challenges and we hope to see you again next month! Donna, DT

Kellianne said...

What a bright, happy, and cheery card! I love all the sweet details. Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love it all, so bright and cheery, love the combination of colors and you were right on your interpretation of the sketch... adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and our previous partners The Paper FunDay and Use Your Stuff.

ahlers5 said...

Wow, so cute! I love the honeycomb background with the vines.

Stacey said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments.
DT Stacey
www.butterflycreations.blog

Donna Scholz said...

Amislee, I love how you color coordinated your background pieces with the image itself. Your coloring of the image is fantastic! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Double Trouble for our "anything goes" challenge!!! -Donna

MagsB said...

What a gorgeous, colourful card! So bright and cheerful! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x

My name is Erika. said...

So cute Aimeslee. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Wow, beautiful card, I love your colors and image.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Mandy said...

OMG you were cutting it fine with this one but it was sure worth waiting for. This is so colourful and lots of details added.

Your comment about the card sketches made me chuckle, please promise you will be around for a long time. The world would be a sad place without you.

Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥
DT for The Paper Funday Challenges
Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

Marlene Atkinson said...

A super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers Challenge. Marlene

The Crafty Den said...

What a fab card Aimeslee. The bear image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. So many lovely elements and details in one card. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Monica C. said...

I love your card, Aimeslee! All that honeycomb detail is so fun and sets the focal image off beautifully. How fun that you are also playing along in Kris' progressive challenge.
Hugs Monica

pearshapedcrafting said...

Another fabulous card - love the look on the bear's face! Thanks for another great entry for Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Irmelin Eriksson said...

So adorable! Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre