Sunday, March 28, 2021

Easter Card #1: Spring Silhouette

 Happy Spring and Palm Sunday, dear blogging peeps! It's cloudy and wet here today where I live. Hope you've got some sunshine going on. This is my first post in 10 days! In my defense, I was busy! I made my design team project to post on 4/1 and then a guest design project that will post tomorrow on 3/29. I was also down with my Arthurs most of that time (feeling better now), and then my 13-year-old Canon Pixma inkjet printer officially met the dustbin. I had to research a new printer, order it and set it up. So glad that's done! I knew the day was coming soon, as the ink wasn't lasting as long and was printing weirdly when it did print. Honey had said no more good ink thrown at a bad printer, so not being able to print in color finally got to me. I chose an HP Envy Photo 7855 with an Instant Ink subscription, so we shall see how that works. I would of course love to know your experience with an HP Envy printer or Instant Ink if any, so please leave me a comment!

I thought I'd begin sharing Easter cards with you today. I used a new-to-me Sizzix die called Bunny Scene that was an impulse buy at a great discount a couple of months ago. I think the tree portion may get more use, and it will always be a choice for Easter or Spring in the future. It's part of my design with this card because I wanted to make something for Country View Crafts Silhouettes challenge this month. I really like the white and turquoise against the Prima Madeline A4 designer papers. 

   
I used SplitCoastStampers sketch SC396 as is, after resizing it in PSE to 5X7". 

My card base is SU card stock in this gorgeous turquoise blue. I also used it for my mat layers and my top sentiment die layer and little flowers and butterfly. In addition to the Sizzix Bunny Scene, I cut My Favorite Things scalloped photo corners die, Sizzix Sizzlit grass border die, a large Comidox butterfly die and an Impression Obsession sentiment die out of bright white Recollections heavy card stock. Rubbernecker Stamps made the tiny flowers and butterfly dies and I'm so glad I had them because they cut several at once (which is my big beef with this Sizzix bunny scene die, including only two teensy-weensy butterflies and zero extra flower dies.) I added Stickles to the bunnies' eyes and also to each of the tiny flowers I attached. Oh, and there's a polka dot ribbon  along the bottom of the horizontal band of paper - it's white satin with grey dots. The right side of the card is how it really looks, do not know why it is looking so dark on the card's left side. Probably because my light is coming from the right and from above...

   
I have stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card and then decorated the back with the leftover Prima from the front and my Lawn Fawn siggie stamped directly on the paper.

And a final view. This card is not one of my usual styles, but it was fun to make and I really like how the silhouette looks on the patterned paper. And I cannot believe how many die cuts I used, lol.

I will leave you with a pic of the note I taped on my old printer before Honey took it to the recycling center. I suppose I'm lucky she lasted 13 years, but she was a finicky and expensive mistress the entire time, and I won't much miss her. Here's to better and cheaper prints! (Fingers crossed!) Hope you all have a great evening! xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
4.   Animal Friends March: Bunnies -- #1/3 (10 challenges max)
6.   MAWTT #128: Spring Is Coming -- #2/3  
10. Cut It Up Challenge #222: Spring Flowers and/or Butterflies + A Die cut -- #1/1  I have Spring Flowers and Butterflies + Dies: Sentiment, Bunny Scene, Grass Border, Photo Corners, Tiny Butterfly, Large Butterfly and 2 sizes of Flowers on the tree - 8 dies total

13 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card with the cute bunny cathering.… Many thanks for entering into our EASTER/SPRING 🌺 🐰 challenge
and hope to see you again soon. Good luck in the final draw.
[aNNie design team member for Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh my!! I love, love, love! This may not be your style, as you say, but it sure is a stunning card with the white against the blues. Putting the busy paper behind your scene works very well. Can't take my eyes off this.

Dreja said...

Wow, das ist super! Gefällt mir.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
LG Dreja

Alyson Mayo said...

Love all the layers and the colour scheme is terrific. This is such a pretty card with so much detail :)

ahlers5 said...

Absolutely love this Easter card. Somehow I missed it. I love the white images over the background. I just got all my Easter cards mailed yesterday. I hope they make it to the east coast in time!

MS Kraft Store said...

So stunning card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hope to see you again next challenge.
Hugs,
Mifta.
Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge

Catrin Goodwin said...

Such a pretty Easter Card, I love all the die detail! Thank you for joining us at Penny's, Hope to see you again - Good Luck.

Monika Gulyas said...

What a lovely Easter card!!! Thank you for joining the March challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Saphron said...

Oh this is exquisite! Love the paper in the background. The white scene really stands out!
Haha love your note. Printers are my nemesis!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

Kuni said...

Your card is so wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs
Kuni

Monica C. said...

This is a gorgeous card, Aimeslee! I love the white silhouette rather than the usual black. It looks really good against that patterned paper. Also great job on adding all those little flowers on the tree.
Hugs Monica

Darlene said...

What an awesome scene you have created! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Larelyn said...

This is just delightful. I love the color combinations. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Spring challenge.