Saturday, February 20, 2021

Chef Freddy Bakes A Birthday Cake

 Hello, me again with another Card by Candlelight, lol. Hope you are all doing okay! The card I'm sharing today was made during the rolling blackouts, so I was able to heat-emboss most of the sentiments. 

I've been following Imagine That Digi Stamps' 8th birthday celebrations this month with weekly birthday project challenges. I was able to participate the first week and everyone who did received this Chef Freddy image, which I printed out immediately, thinking I'd use him the 2nd week, but I didn't get to play. So I used him to play this week. The catch was, we had to make a tag or a tag on a card. So, that's what I've done.

  
I wanted a square card sketch and remembered the sketches at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, so I surfed over there on my phone and as soon as I saw Sketch 201 I thought perfect GATEFOLD and a nice center mat on which to place my tag, so I saved it to my phone photos and was in business. I took a legal size of 110# Office Depot index card stock and cut it to 6x12, then scored that at 3" and 9" to get my gatefold shape. Used my corner rounder punch on the folded inside edges, then cut my dp to fit each section less 1/4". 

I used Basic Grey's Color Me Silly designer papers once again. The 12x12 collections each came with tags so I used one I had left as my tag base. I colored Freddy with my Promarkers, fussy-cut him and then stamped/heat embossed an Avery Elle sentiment on his chef's hat. I die cut a Lawn Fawn fishtail banner and stamped/heat embossed a Clear Dollar Happy Birthday sentiment. I tied two colors of baker's twine at the top.

On the center rectangle element, I dry-embossed my top mat with a Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder and added my tag on top with big glue dots. I finished the card front with My Favorite Things die cut scalloped photo corners and Eyelet Outlet cupcake brads in each corner.

  
Here's the inside of my card. More BG dp and a mash up of different stamps. The outer "gate" ends were stamped/heat-embossed using Papertrey Ink and Technique Tuesday sentiments. The center uses sentiments by ITDS and PTI.

On the back of the card, I've layered more BG papers and an Impression Obsession stamped siggie.

And a final view. This card was very satisfying for me to make. Even though I strayed a bit from simple, it was a much-needed distraction to busy myself with paper measurements and dimensions. I just wish I had some cake! LOL Thanks for the visit. Stay well and safe! xoxo

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
1.   ITDS 8th Birthday Celebration Week 3 Challenge 2/15-2/21: Tags -- I used the ITDS digi image Chef Freddy on my tag and then put the tag on my card as the focal image.  
2.   Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2: Celebrating 200th Sketch -- I made mine into a gatefold card.
3.   Die Cut Divas: Fun Fold + Die cut/Emb. Folder -- #2/4  I made a gatefold card and used die cuts and an embossing folder.
6.   I Love Promarkers #429: AG + Opt. Birthday -- #2/3  Option played!
7.   Passion for Markers Week 579: Use 3 or More Papers -- Used Promarkers to color my focal image and 4 different papers from Basic Grey Color Me Silly
8.   Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 6: AAG with Colouring -- #1/2 I've used Promarkers to colour my focal image.
10.  Double D Challenge: Anything with a Heart -- #1/3  Hearts are on Freddy's feet. :-)  

21 comments:

Diane said...

Super cute AND fun design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

Such a cute creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Heart’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Chrissy said...

So very cute and great colouring..
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Magnificent creation Aimeslee, Love the colour combo and all the papers. The tag is adorable and the insert is wonderful. Hope all is well with your neck and foot.
Faith x

Leslie said...

Love that color combo, and that mouse is totally adorable! Cute card!

Rain said...

That is just adorable!!! I love "Squeaking by with a birthday hi!" :))))

ahlers5 said...

Great card. You pit so much work into your cards. I especially love the way you finish the backs.

The Crafty Den said...

Another fun card Aimeslee. The image is so cute and your colouring is perfect. I love the bright and colourful papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

cass said...

Fun gatefold card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our "Anything Goes" Challenge.

Monica C. said...

Oh how super cute he is and the card is lovely with the tag in the middle of a gatefold card - what a great idea!
Cake - yes that seems to be a thing for me lately. I am always looking for a piece of cake :-(
Hugs Monica

Marie Bingaman said...

So much color and texture here, and a cute mouse on a tag to boot! I hope things are getting better down there in Texas. Thanks for joining us at 2CCC with your cute gatefold card, and good luck! :)

~Marie B -DT

Jackie Cornfield said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
We are so happy that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

My name is Erika. said...

What an adorable card Aimeslee. I love the paper layering and that mouse is right up my alley with his chef outfit. Thanks for sharing with us at try It On Tuesday. And hope you didn't get stuck in the Texas power loss or have a lot of damage if you did. Happy end oft he week. Hugs-Erika

Arlene said...

So very cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Die Cut Divas during our Fun Fold challenge.

Marijke said...

What a beautiful card you have made! And the chef had made a nice cake! You made a perfect card with the sketch and zo nice the inside! I like it very much! Thank you for sharing him at GCC. Greetings Marijke.

Mrs.B said...

Hi Aimeslee, just catching up and hecked back to the previous post when you talked about blackouts, your weather has been terrible! At least you've beeen able to do some crafting and this card is so cute, love the sweet image and great colours. Stay safe.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday, Avril x

Margo said...

This is so beautiful.
Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge and the best of luck with your entry.
Greetz
Margo DT

Sue said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge this is really lovely hugs Sue x

anne said...

So clever to use the sketch for a gatefold, love your colourful card. Thank you for playing along with us at SSW2
Anne SSW2-DT

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fun card and fun color palette too!!


Thank you for using one of our sketches and playing along over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2! Good luck!!

Kristine said...

Super CUTE gate-fold card Aimslee! Love your tag with Chef Freddy - and your color combo is so fun :) Thanks again for playing in my store's 8th Birthday challenges!! And CONGRATS! You were one of the random winners and have won 3 digi sets of your choice - be sure to contact me with your choices before the 15th :)♥