Thursday, February 25, 2021

A Fairy for Turner Syndrome Awareness

 
Greetings, everyone! You may have seen on the blogs that February is Turner Syndrome Awareness Month. I purchased the cute little girl with fairy wings from Jan's Digi Stamps called TSF Fairy . Jan's donating all proceeds from the sale of this stamp to the Turner Syndrome Foundation
  
I also used this opportunity to play over at this month's The Rainbow Card Challenge where it is Mostly Mauve. Apparently, I have very few actual mauve paper collections. After a pretty thorough searching, I found Prima's Moon Child collection to be a good match. I study the challenge mood board very carefully every time I play and can usually find enough different shades shown in it, and that was the case this time. 

   
I cut the 5x7" card base out of some dusky greyish purple SU card I thankfully had, and I used it also for matting and the front bottom sentiment, hand-stamped and heat-embossed in white powder using a Stampendous stamp. I used Brilliance Pearlescent Purple ink and a tiny silhouette butterfly stamp on the purple card to create some subtle texture. The focal image with Jan's fairy and butterflies image, and the birthday sentiment were all computer-generated/printed on an SU mat that I'd ink-distressed with the Brilliance and edge-stamped more butterflies all around it. The Prima base mat paper also got an ink-distressing around the edge. 

I colored the fairy and words with Promarkers, colored pencils and Sakura gel pens. I used a purple one to outline her wings and a Star Dust pen to color them in glitter. The Birthday words also got colored and glittered. I took a clear Wink of Stella and brushed glitter over all the tiny butterflies she is blowing. I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and more SU card to make the solid butterflies I've added. I also used a Fiskars corner punch on the front layers to soften the look of the card.

  
I used Split Coast Stampers sketch SC399. I needed large open areas for my image and sentiment so this sketch fit the bill nicely. For those who do not know, I hope to work my through all 800+ Split Coast sketches at least once and since there is no deadline, the "challenge" is always open! Can't beat that! :-)


On the inside of the card I've matted it with Prima papers and stamped using Papertrey Ink, Lavinia and Stampendous sentiments. I'm also including a close-up to show the butterflies.  

The back of the card has more Prima paper (I lucked out this collection has a print with butterflies), a strip of washi and a siggie made with EKSuccess and Sweet Stamp Shop stamps cut out with a Lawn Fawn die.

  
Some close-ups to show details

A a final view. Thanks for visiting as always and until next time, wishing you good health and happy crafting! XOX


MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
3.   It's a Girl Thing 2021 Turner Syndrome Awareness Challenge -- #1/3  I used Jan's digi  
7.   Passion for Markers Week 580: Feminine -- Promarkers used

31 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! I love the background you created all the gilttery butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us at the "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome Awareness 3rd Annual Blog Hop and Challenge!

Donna Walls said...

Lovely card with wonderful coloring and a perfect representation of the sketch. Thanks for entering the Colour Crazy Challenge this week and best of luck in the draw! Donna, DT

Linda Mc Enery said...

She is so sweet and you've created a beautiful card for her, using a stunning paper choice. I love her butterflies and your beautiful sentiments. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Monica C. said...

What a great card, Aimeslee! The mauve is beautiful and I love how you made the fairy such a focal point.
You gave inspired me to take a look at sketches. I have never used them much.
Hugs Monica

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Pretty in purple. So adorable. Your background is a mirror image of the inspiration photo. Love it! You did a very beautiful job with this card Aimes.

My name is Erika. said...

This card is also so cute Aimeslee. Love the fairy! She's a cutie for sure. Thanks once again for sharing with us at Try It on Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Donna Ellis said...

WOW! (picking jaw up off floor). Aimes, you have outdone yourself with that gorgeous card! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those mauve-purple color choices and the amazing papers you discovered in pursuit of mauve! I am also enthralled with the distressing of the tiny butterfly wishes. There is nothing quite so magical as a white embossed sentiment, either. The white distressing you put all over the layers reveals, once again, the tiniest of details you put into your cards, utilizing all sorts of unexpected media! It's beautiful! Aimes, I'd like to also thank you for helping to spread the word for Turner Syndrome Awareness, and for playing in the challenge this year. love, de

Mischelle Smith said...

Lovely card and appreciate the Turner Syndrome awareness.

I didn't know anything about Turner's until yesterday when I read another blog bringing attention to Turner's.

Being the mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, of 12 girls, I can't believe I have never heard about this syndrome.

Your card has many techniques I plan on swiping from you.

Thank-you

ahlers5 said...

Beautiful card! I love how you did the sentiment on the front. I am pretty limited in sentiment stamps. I think I may start picking up a few. I thought about entering this challenge, but I'm burned out a bit. I have not been normal since having covid. Yesterday, I read they came up with a name for what I have. I had to laugh. I was reading the article and every symptom I read I coulod check off, "yep, got that one!" They say it can go away in several months on it's own...I hope so. I thought about you daily after hearing all the Texas news. I'm glad everything went okay for you.

Darlene said...

WOW absolutely beautiful my friend and what a great take on the challenges! Thanks so much for helping spread the word about Turner Syndrome. We sure appreciate your support. Stay safe & healthy.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely Beautiful in every way Aimeslee. Love the fairy and the wonderful sentiment, such pretty papers in and out, just wonderful.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Leslie said...

This is so adorable! Love the fairy, and love that the proceeds of the stamp set go to TSF. Win-win!

Jan Mahew said...

Aimeslee, Your creation is out of this world! Thank you for showcasing my TS Fairy on your beautiful creation! Good Luck, stay safe, healthy and happy crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Ilonka said...

Wat een prachtig kaartje, dank je wel voor het meedoen aan de Creative Sketchy Girls Challenge.
Groetjes Ilonka

Donna Ellis said...

Heyyyyyyy, Aimes! Tomorrow is a special day, and I want to wish you all the happiness your heart can hold - on your birthday - thanks for sharing all the fun "surprises" on your blog, and for inspiring the rest of us with your colorful, collage-style creations! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AIMES! huggers, de

Karen Page said...

Wowsers! You are a master at combining the different challenges into a beautiful card! Jan will love how you used her image! This card is just so special with all the extra touches, shimmer and shine it has. And how serendipitous that the paper collection had a butterfly page! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge and I hope you see you again in the entries!
~Karen Page, DT Member for Jan's Digi Stamps
Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo

Elena C said...

Hello Aimeslee. Thank you for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge. You did the mauve thing perfectly!!! What a gorgeous card for a wonderful purpose. Thank you again for sharing. Can't wait to see what you create next month at our April Challenge!!!
Elena DT

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card Aimeslee love the beautiful image and P.paper love it
Carol x

Pip Lewer said...

Lots of lovely small details you’ve added to this card. Super card for an important fundraiser. Thanks for playing along with us this month at AAA Birthday.

Jane said...

Love this adorable fairy and your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at Daisy Chain Challenges this time and good luck :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Aaah! This really is so cute! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Kim Heggins said...

Simply adorable...just love your sweet birthday fairy!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Katy said...

Hi! This card is fabulous! Wonderful coloring on your little girl. I love all of the butterflies and sparkle. And you chose wonderful papers to match the mauve challenge. :) Thank you for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge! Hugs! Katy DT :)

foleysfriend said...

What a pretty mauve colored card (our monthly theme). I really like that you've covered not only the front of the card, but the middle and the back. So super fun! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Card Challenge.

sue n.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet. The butterflies add a perfect textural element. Thanks for joining us at TRCC and I hope we see you again soon!
Hugs,
Em, DT

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card! The coloring is amazing. Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope you will join us again soon. Nandini, DT

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, the inside of your card is as beautiful as the outside (mine have nothing inside....boring...). You definitely captured the 'mauve' theme, its just gorgeous and really love the galaxy paper you used in the background. Your fairy is totally adorable and the way she is kissing and blowing butterflies is such a cool idea. So very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

creativetimewithme said...

Super cute! Thank you for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! We look forward to seeing you again!

Hugs,
Mary Ellen
The Rainbow Card Challenge DT
www.creativetimewithme.com

Nonni said...

Very cute! The mauves and purples look amazing and I love the patterned papers you used. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

hele mooie kaart
bedankt voor het meedoen aan deze challenge
groetjes jolanda bongers
DT creative sketchy girls