Tuesday, August 4, 2020

**UPDATED** Happy Encouragement Card

This post was edited on 8/5/2020 to include additional photos after my husband fixed my camera!

Hi there! My camera is acting up. I only have one photo of the card I'm sharing today, an encouragement/congrats card for a nephew who is going to Dublin this fall to play basketball and continue his post-graduate studies at Griffith University.

Paper: SU, Tim Holtz Card Stocks, DCVW patterned paper
Dies: Spellbinders Art Deco Astoria Labels
Inks: Printer, ProMarkers, Memento, VersaMagic
Stamps/Images: Dr. Digi
Other: Distress tool, Computer, Big Shot, circle punch, The Crafters Workshop stencils, Polychromos colored pencils, sentiment tag from my stash

I used a Split Coast Stampers sketch from July that I haven't used, resizing in PSE to 5x7.

And I found this cool B-Ball Dude named Slam Dunk Duncan at Dr. Digi's House of Stamps. I colored him with Promarkers and colored pencils. I used a die to cut him out after printing and then I stenciled a messy background with my chalks inks and blending brushes.All paper edges were inked and distressed.

It's hard to see the stenciled dots I inked on in white, but this close-up shows them, and the green dotted line stenciling show better. I smudged some of with my finger - that was fun! lol

The inside is matted with more of the Tim Holtz 8x8 patterned card stock (I am not sure what collection). On top of that I've inked paper that my computer-generated sentiments are printed on. I got lazy and reached for my Use It Up Inks Box. I am always pleasantly surprised at what these pads on their last legs will do. Here, sponging on a watermelon and then a sienna color gave a soft touch to it. I added some torn off pieces of washi tape after adhering to the mats.

On the back, I matted with a burnt orange SU scrap and then layered on more of the Tim Holtz. I saw the Traveler on another piece, cut it out and added it. I used a circle punch on the Promarker-colored EK Success stamped siggie.

And a final look....

Well, it's pretty short without all of my usual photos, so thanks for coming by and have a great evening! Stay well and safe! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.  Split Coast Stampers Sketch 808 -- sketch is shown above
2.  The Male Room #140: Sport
3.  Outlawz Saturday Paper A La Mode 8/1-8/14: Fall Colors

8 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

What a perfect card for a basketball player - I'm sure he will love it!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just wonderful, your nephew will be thrilled with the card, a great image, papers and design.
Thank you so much for joining us in our Sport challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Faith my blog

ahlers5 said...

What a great card. Congrats to your nephew, that's wonderful!

Lady Joyful said...

Great design! Perfect for a basketball fan. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Leslie said...

Awesome card! So glad the hubs is handy enough to fix your camera! And congrats to your nephew!

Words and Pictures said...

He's great fun - and I love the design with the patterned paper panels behind him.
Alison x

Monica C. said...

Wow, this is an amazing card, Aimeslee! The front is so nicely done and I was intrigued by all the detail you added to the inside and even the back. I am sure your nephew will be thrilled by your beautiful make.
Hugs Monica

Crafting with Darcy said...

Hi Amy! You already know I loved this card because I chose it as my favorite in the Outlawz Paper A La Mode Challenge! I think it is a super great card! Your nephew will love it!! He sounds like a very motivated young man and I wish him the best of luck at Griffith University. I love how you finished off the inside, too!