Sunday, March 22, 2020

Friends, Flowers and Water Colors

Hello! My hopes and prayers that everyone reading this and their families and friends are all well and safe! Honey and I are doing fine! I have been working on my April design team project, as well as coloring some digis I printed, and also making progress on replenishing some of my card inventory categories.


Today's share is a very simple friendship/thank you/thinking of you card, one that I left blank inside for a handwritten personal note. It is also an attempt at a CAS card, hence all the white space you are not used to seeing on my cards. I used my Distress markers as water colors on the Autumn Leaves Ronna Farrer green silhouette shamrock stamp and on coloring the Rachel Ann Miller Springtime Lily girl with flowers and butterfly that I stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne and then used my favorite technique of heat-embossing her in clear powder. (I also did some masking of the girl to stamp the green flowers behind her, but masking is NOT my fave technique).

I also picked up water color with the little Technique Tuesday flower stamp with the star center, and I used a small fan brush to water color the ground. I scribbled each marker I used onto a palette paper sheet and then picked up colors with a wet brush or stamp, adding more water when needed.

Finally, I stamped the Papertrey Ink sentiment with VersaFine Clair . I die cut my white panel with the largest Stamplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch die in the set and before I adhered it to a green SU card stock base I fussy cut all around the outside perimeter close to the stitching to allow the green card base to peek out as a bit of a frame.

That's it for now but I'll be back real soon. In the meantime, here's praying that we can all experience  a week filled with positive hope in our hearts and faith in ourselves and each other. Virtual hugs to you all! XOX

CHALLENGES:
1.     CAS Watercolour March: Luck of the Irish -- My CAS card is watercoloured and I've used shamrocks as spring flowers.
2.   Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge March: AG + Opt. Flowers -- I have watercoloured and played the flowers option.
3.   Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge March: Use Your Favorite Technique -- Heat-embossing!
4.   AAA Cards Game #161: Along the Edge -- I did not play the option.
5.   Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes 3/22-4/4: Spring Is Here
6.   Outlawz Color Tuesdays 3/10-3/23: Photo Inspiration 3 Colors + Opt. Spring or Easter -- I have played the SPRING twist.
7.   Scrapping 4 Fun #162: AG + Opt. Flowers -- I've played the FLOWERS option.  

8.   Use Your Stuff #394: Spring
9.   Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #95: Winged Things -- See the little purple butterfly.
10. Double D Challenge: Welcome Spring!  - I used the pink and green and white and Spring flowers.
11. Stamplorations CAS Challenge March: ACASG + Opt. Light Blue -- I've used the Crazy Double Running Stitched Rectangle die and played the light blue twist on my CAS card.  
12. Stamplorations Theme + Photo Prompt March Challenge: Stamps + Nature -- used the Crazy Double Running Stitched Rectangle die and played the Theme by using clear stamps of spring flowers.  

13. StarStampz Challenge #8: Bingo / Tic-Tac-Toe -- I chose Top Row Across (sentiment/pink/die cut), but I also qualify for Right Column Down (die-cut/yellow/flowers). :-)
14. Colour Crazy Week 10: AG with Colouring -- I've used Distress markers and water to make water colour to colour my stamped images.

29 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

This is so sweet! It's a wonderful CAS thinking of you card! Love the little garden you created and the dear little girl image. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Spring Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Thank you for joining the Colour Crazy challenge.

Darlene said...

Very sweet creation Aimslee! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Spring’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

missgailly said...

Cute image and wonderfully coloured. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail Stay safe and healthy!

Anita in France said...

What a sweet little scene, Aimeslee ... your cutie-pie flower-holding girl is just so cute against her shamrock field! Good to hear you're safe and well ... and smiling! Thanks so much for your visit! Anita :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Aimeslee! Your card is great, the white space really makes the colours and images pop, great idea. It's good that we have something to keep us occupied in these dismal times. Take care of yourself, stay well, hugs, Valerie

Chris Dring said...

What a cute image! I like the fun, Spring scene you've created on this pretty card. Thanks for joining the fun at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt challenge!

froebelsternchen said...

Such a lovely card ... and hey you also are a CAS master!!!
So many techniques .... you are a Stamping Queen!!
Stay safe furthermore!
Big hugs, Susi

Anna M. said...

What an adorable card! And such a perfect sentiment for the image!

Thank you for sharing your work in our Happy Little Stampers watercolor challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next HLS Challenge!.
Anna – Design Team member at Happy Little Stampers

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

Laurie said...

So cute and colorful! Also love the running stitch die that you used. A fun and cheery card for the world today! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is soooo sweet and pretty! Great job! Stay well!

Furrbster said...

Such a sweetie!

Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Katy said...

This card is so sweet! I love how you colored her and the garden she is in :)

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card and love all those water colored shamrocks! I think your masking turned out beautifully too and your little girl just looks so happy to be standing among all those pretty flowers and shamrocks!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

Robyn Oliver said...

A very cute card Aimeslee, nicely watercoloured and fab use of the shamrock as background to your garden - always love this sentiment too. Thank for sharing with CAS Watercolour, Robyn

Lindsey said...

Such a sweet card! Beautiful watercolouring - and I see we share a favourite technique! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour and CAS Challenges!

Words and Pictures said...

A sweet image and a sweet sentiment to go with it - charming. Stay safe.
Alison x

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet Miss standing amidst her flowers and shamrocks Aimeslee! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolor this month! xx

Loll said...

Sweet little girl standing in her garden full of flowers, Aimeslee! Just had to smile when I saw your card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Jane said...

Such a sweet and pretty card. I think heat embossing and water colouring are the perfect combo. Thanks for playing at HLS CAS and AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Jane said...

Thanks for playing at AAA Cards too, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft!

Lisa Bird said...

Beautiful card :) Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Becca Sadler said...

Aimslee: Thanks for linking your sweet flower-filled card to S4fC during the current fortnight challenge! You've done a great job with layering all the different stamping and watercolor/inking to create the pretty little meadow scene! Becca/DT for S4fC blog

Cardsbymaaike said...

wow well done on combining all those challenges into one card. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards.

Theresa said...

a sweet card. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

Alyson Mayo said...

Such a cute image and a saying that appears on many stamp sets. It's so cute used here with the individual in the garden of flowers.

Francesca said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

ionabunny said...

Very cute scene. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

Suchi said...

Adorable card! Thank u so much for playing with us at March STAMPlorations Theme and Photo Prompt! Do join us again! :)
Suchi xx