Friday, January 24, 2020

Pink Party Pig Birthday Trio

Greetings, BlogFolk! How's it going? We finally saw sunshine again after a deluge of a rainy week.

I've a birthday card to share today. The idea began as usual with a sketch, but also needing it to be pink and use stickers, water coloring, a stencil, embossing and feature critters...and flat enough to mail in an envelope.


  
I followed Crazy4Challenges current C4C518 which is the sketch above. I turned it landscape.

The adorable pig trio is a Bugaboo digi. I printed out on index stock with my laser printer, then colored them with my ProMarkers. The sentiment at upper left is from a Gerda Steiner clear stamp set. I used some pretty old glossy black dimensional alpha stickers to spell out Hog Wild.

I made the background layer by adding a few drops of Distress Ink Picked Raspberry Distress Ink reinker and water to some Deco Art molding paste and applying it to my water color paper background through a TCW chicken wire stencil/mask. Once completely dry, I got out my el cheapo water colors that had the only pretty shade of light pink and then I watercolored the background. Last step on the background was ink-distressing all around the edge with a blending brush and Picked Raspberry.

I die cut the Avery Elle flags out of more pink water colored paper. A small white paper doilly is tucked on the bottom left layer. I die cut the focal image using Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangles, as well as the smaller sentiment and the pink water-colored frame behind the focal image. I Stickled some little dots under Go Wild! and used my Sakura metallic glitter gold gel pen to add some sparkly accents.

On the inside of the card, I stamped Avery Elle sentiments and a Hero Arts cake.

I looked in my paper stash and found the yellow paper with pink dots for the back of the card. I ink distressed all around the edge with Picked Raspberry DI. Then I took a Lawn Fawn flag die cut and water colored it purple. I stamped and heat-embossed the EKSuccess siggie and then punched it out with my Fiskars Squeeze circle punch.

A close-up to show those cool alpha stickers that I forgot I had!

I love the intensity of the juicy pink colors and that was a very pleasant surprise to me, as I never really know what I'll end up with when I water color or emboss or ink blend. And I love the molding paste chicken wire, although it looks more like fishnet hose to me now, hahaha.

CHALLENGES:
1.   Crazy4Challenges C4C518: Sketch -- shown above
2.   Creations in Pink Jan. Challenge: AG Mainly Pink
3.   Bugaboo Catch the Bug Jan. Bingo Challenge -- I chose Distressed / Bugaboo image / Die Cuts.
4.   Time Out Challenge #153:  Wardrobe Item + Opt. Embossing/Texture -- PARTY HATS is my wardrobe item and I have played the option with stencil embossing that created textured on the background.
5.   Colour Crazy Challenge Week 2 -- I colored the party pigs with ProMarkers
6.   HLS Watercolor Jan Challenge: AG + Opt. Die Cuts -- I have water colored and played the option, the focal digi is on a die cut and the flags and feathers as well.  
7.   We Love 2 Create Challenge #1: Anything Mixed Media Goes -- I used inks, watercolors, stenciling, collage.
8.   Outlawz Crash Your Stash Jan Challenge: Use a Stencil(s) -- I used a chicken wire stencil and mask
9.   I Love ProMarkers Challenge #402: AG + Opt. Embossing -- I have colored my image with ProMarkers and I played the option, heat-embossing the feathers and the stencil-embossing with the chicken wire stencil.
10. Stamplorations Jan. Stencil Challenge -- AG with a stencil (I used a chicken wire stencil and mask)
11. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #34: AG with a Critter - I have Bugaboo pigs
12. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends 5th Anniversary Challenge #123: AG
13. Outlawz Thursday Twist 1/16-1/29: AG + Opt. First Embellishment Ever Used -- I have played the optional twist by using Stickers, which were my first embellies used (I used some very old glossy black alpha stickers for "Hog Wild").

Thanks for visiting and allowing me to share my creativity with you. Hope your weekend is wild and crafty! XOX

23 comments:

Anna M. said...

I really enjoyed reading about your creative process! Its great you were able to use the stickers from your stash. I have lots of them in mine that haven't been given any love so this is truly inspirational. Those piggies are just so adorable!
Thank you for participating in the Happy Little Stampers watercolor challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next HLS Challenge!.

Anna – Design Team member at Happy Little Stampers

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Super cute Aimes. Love the shiny raised sentiment and inked background. Perfectly coloured. Awesome work.

Chris said...

A wonderful bright and fun birthday card, those piggies know how to celebrate, love that gorgeous background too it looks amazing! Thanks for playing aclong at Catch the Bug.
x

sandie said...

Gosh the texture you built up here is amazing. I adore the way you used the stencil and such a fun image and super, vibrant colours. And we would all just love party hats like that! Thank you for joining Time Out

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Hog wild! This is fantastic and I love it!

Dawn Frost said...

Those piggies are too cute, great card! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's bingo challenge hope to see you again! Dawn Bugaboo DT

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fun card. Lots of great texture, and who doesn't love a piggy in a party hat? Thanks for playing at Time Out.

Meggymay said...

A super post the images of those pink pigs look real fun and they sure look like they are have a great party time. Fantastic cards.
Yvonne xx

Donna Ellis said...

Great idea to "go wild" on your birthday, and I love the huge HOG WILD under your adorably colored piggies, Aimes. BEAUTIFUL CARD with just the right amounts of purple to pop the pink (instead of popping balloons) and perfect for any age. I love love LOVE this fantastic creation! xx

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh my... I am in love with those pigs and the sentiment is just so perfect! Great colouring - what a terrific card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Aimeslee! This is such a fun image with the pigs! The setiment is perfect! Really loving your gorgeous background too! Great way to finish the inside and back. I'm always impressed to see how you finish your cards like this!

candio said...

Cute card!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge.

Karen Dunbrook said...

this is so darn cute...brought me a big smile!
x Karen

Lindsey said...

This is so fun and bright! Definitely brings a smile to the face. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour Challenge!

Patti J said...

Very cute card! Thanks for sharing the tutorial with us! Thanks for joining us at Two Crafty Critter Crazies!

Ina G said...

What a fabulous fun colourful wild card you have here Aimeslee. Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations Stencil challenge.

MariLynn said...

Hot pink chicken wire. So creative. I love how it looks. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

Hannapanna said...

How fun! Gorgeous colouring and background. Thanks for joining us over at Colour Crazy Challenge and good luck.

- Hanna, DT

Mimi said...

Oh Aimeslee what a fabulous card and I love you initially planning for your gorgeous card and how you have managed to bring so many themes together so seamlessly. Beautiful design, theming and colour and so perfect for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at I ❤️Promarkers this fortnight. Hugs Mimi xxxxx

Lynn said...

Hog wild! So so fun!


Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Crafting with Darcy said...

I saw this over on the Outlawz challenges and thought "How cute!" And now reading about it, it is really a wonderfully made card! I really love the image and the stenciled background!!

Mrs.B said...

I couldn't pass by without commenting on this fun card, love the image and the raised sentiment, so cool!
Avril xx

OlgaB said...

Adorable and fun card!
Thank you for joining Creation in Pink!
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB