Monday, January 6, 2020

A Bestie & Rudolph Noel

Hello again! In 26 days, our one and only walks down the aisle! I find myself in a near-constant state of anticipation. Thank goodness for my hobby as creating helps to calm me down and zen me out.

Seems like I never get enough time to indulge my love of coloring, but this adorable Sherri Baldy Besties image gave me an excuse to indulge. This is a 4x6" card (made to fit an unusually-shaped envelope I have). I used one sheet of patterned paper from Fancy Pants' Merry & Bright 6x6 paper pad. The card base and the rest of the papers used were found in my paper scraps (snippets) drawers stash.

  

  
I followed one of Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 sketches, but I made sure to twist and turn it as much as possible, lol. Then come to find out I used this same sketch, equally contorted, a year ago! (This is for a special holiday challenge to use a 2019 sketch.) Anyway, you can see that I used the sketch elements plus I added the wide red satin ribbon because I just wanted to. The flower in the lower corner replaces the small oval element and I moved my Noel sentiment to the large center element. And I used 3 pearls top right but I curved them...

...and I used smaller scalloped triangles in the corners instead of squares.

The image coloring actually began weeks ago when bored one night I went through my digi files and printed the black and white images that caught my eye. This was one of them, so I had it laying around. One of my Christmas presents was a box of metallic brush pens that were unfamiliar to me, so I grabbed this image and began using my new brush pens to color her fur hat, cuffs, etc. with silver and her dress and bow in blue. Also Rudolph's fur in brown. Then I quit because there were only 8 metallic markers to begin with and I'd used the only colors in my scheme. I love the markers, though. I finished up the coloring with my ProMarkers and added touches of gold and red with Sakura gel pens.

I wanted build a little flower element since the patterned paper has poinsettias (and greenery and reindeer). I don't have any poinsettia dies that small nor any paper ones, but I did have the large blue pointy leaf so I layered some smaller flowers on and combined with pearly heart brad. I used letter stickers from my sticker stash for the sentiment. I used a Spellbinders Labels die to cut my focal image and MFT photo corners die for the red scalloped corners. Oh, and I used a corner punch on the patterned paper.

On the inside left of the card I stamped the deer and sentiment from Altenew 's Winter Wonderland set. The right side is stamped softly with a Stamplorations sleigh and then a Stamplorations sentiment. I used more of that old lined card stock I found in my paper stash about a month ago. I die cut these using the same die as on the front.

On the back I used scraps from making the front to create a little arrangement like I usually do. My siggie stamp is by EK Success.

I keep looking at the colors I chose and thinking these are not traditional Christmas colors. What do you think? I do like all the blue shades together with the red and a hint of green. I don't care for the size, though. It's only an inch length and width from the 5x7" cards I normally do but I can tell the difference! Guess I'm just used to 5x7 and 6x6 cards.

 A detail shot to show the bradded flower and her glittery love knot braided hair.

And this to show the corner pearls and shimmery silver fur.

All in all, glad I made this card and happy to have my first one for 2020 done! She and Rudolph are definitely cutesy, but you know, I do not care. She makes me happy. Liking cute never bothered me and I see just as much if not more talent in this illustration as in any other. I see more and more crafters embracing and enjoying cute nowadays and that makes my heart smile!

Challenges:
1.  Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Bonus Challenge - I used Sketch 151 from 2019 (sketch shown above)
3.  Double D Challenge: Use a Punch -- Happy 4th Birthday to Double D -- I used a Fiskars 4-sided corner punch on the patterned paper on my card front. In the photo, it's the one in the back. 
  
6.  Sparkles Christmas Challenge #108: For A Child -- my card suitable for a little girl.
8.  Colour Crazy Week 50: AG with Colouring - I used ProMarkers and Chronicle Books Metallic Brush Pens and Sakura Gel Pens
9.  Besties International Challenge Jan.: AG -- I've used a Besties digital image
10.Passion for ProMarkers Week 523: Mega Christmas Challenge  AG -- I used ProMarkers on my focal images
13. Outlawz Sundays Songs & Rhymes Challenge: Let It Snow song
14. ABC Christmas Challenge Jan: A is for Anything Christmas Goes AND B is for Bingo -- I chose top row across. Patterned Paper + Coloured Image + Ribbon
15. My Besties Dutch Girls Designs Jan. Challenge: AG + Opt. Winter -- I've played the Winter option and used a Besties image.
16. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #121: 5th Anniversary Celebration

Thanks as always for the visit! You are welcome any time. Here's to a great week ahead,  XOX

26 comments:

Chris said...

Sweet image, beautiful colouring, gorgeous papers and a great layout. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card at CaSS this month
x

Darlene said...

So, so cute! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Punches’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Heather said...

Such a cute image - and such rich colors for a Christmas card! Thanks so much for showing your process in such detail! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Cath Wilson said...

Good job you have stamping to take your mind off it all! I remember that feeling well, though it was my son's wedding and I was making the invitations, Orders of Service, place settings, etc... it was manic! Not surprising, really because I had a couple of Teaching assessments to fit in (retraining after time outside the classroom) AND my parents arrived from NZ with my niece and nephew, so time was very short. It will be just like Christmas - you'll wonder what all the fuss was about the following day, lol. But I do hope you are looking forward to it and thoroughly enjoy it all! I remember my face hurting from smiling so much from morning to night time :-) Relax and just enjoy!!!
Cath x

Furrbster said...

Beautiful card and great use of your sketch,

Thanks for playing along over at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card and sweet image, I love how you have designed and layered this project.
You must be so busy as well as the excitement of the wedding. I hope you get a little time to escape and craft and most of all enjoy your loved ones special day.
Yvonne xx

Vicki said...

Adorable and fun images! Great use of your punch on the corners. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Punch" Challenge.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Ewww how exciting that the wedding is coming up. How delightful. I'm sure things will go smooth for everyone.

This is one stinkn' cute card. Your love for colouring shines through because it looks flawless.

KT Fit Kitty said...

So pretty, Aimeslee! I love the gorgeous image and festive colours! The inside is gorgeous too! The wedding is fast approaching - so exciting!

Donna Ellis said...

What delightful color choices, Aimes! You've taken this darling image and made it feel Old World Vintage is the sweetest of ways! I actually love working with SB's big eyed girls - they are so fun and sweet! The background papers, satin ribbon and pieces of red corners makes her extra sweet! Beautiful card. hugs, de

Joy Wilson said...

I love the sketch and the fun images! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Diane said...

super cute and adorable card...thank you so much for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Fiona said...

Gorgeous card - I love all the elements - good luck with the forthcoming Wedding - how exciting

yvonne 3D said...

What a lovely card with this sweet Winter Bestie,perfect for the challenge at My Besties Dutch Girls DT..Thank you for join us and Hope to see you again by the next challenge..YvonneXX

Barbara said...

Good idea to print up a bunch of digis and then color them up. This design is great and love that you used your punch on the corners. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge use a punch.

Tammy said...

Adorable card Aimeslee, I love that sweet image and the gorgeous layout!

Monica C. said...

Oh what a fun image to color. I can see what you had a wonderful time doing it.
Thank you for joining the Colour Crazy challenge.
Monica C. DT Color Crazy

crafty-stamper said...

Beautifully coloured image and great P.paper -hope the wedding goes off okay
carol x

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so cute and your colouring is awesome! Great card :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty card! I love your design and the image is so adorable especially the little reindeer - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy and creative week! Hugs, Jo x

Inkyfingers said...

Every inch of this card looks good, Aimeslee and your colouring is awesome. I can tell you had fun!
Hugs
Carol x

Tristan said...

Such a sweet card, lovely colouring and great layout. Thanks for joining us at CaSS. Tristan DT

Anita in France said...

What a sweetie, Aimslee ... with fabulous, detailed colouring! Great choices for the layering around the image ... and the inside is so wonderfully finished! Anita :)

Crafting with Darcy said...

Amy, this is really cute! I love the image and how you used a Sketch to inspire your card design!

Raelma Mousinho said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us at My Besties Challenge International blog!
XoXo
Raelma

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic card, thanks for sharing with us at Christmas with the Cuties and good luck xx