Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Dreamcatching with Gecko Galz

Hello! I'm finally back to the blog after over a week. Honey and I came down with the same cold we probably picked up at Thanksgiving, and we have been hunkered down being sick and taking care of each other. We're now in the cough that hangs on phase, and mine's worse thanks to my GERD. Finally I managed to make a project due for a guest design spot (to be shown on the 17th) and then a birthday card that I'm sharing with you today. Sure has been slow going but it's at least made me feel useful. Honey and I both are just tired of being sick, lol.

SUPPLIES:
Papers/Images: Gecko Galz Chalkboard Sentiments and August 2016 monthly collage sheet images, SU and Bazzill card stocks, Neenah index, SEI Sunny Day collection patterned papers, Scenic Route grid card
Stamps: Pink Paislee, Avery Elle, The Paper Company, Impression Obsession, Verve Visuals
Inks: VersaFine Clair
Dies/Punches: W Plus Nine Dreamcatcher, MFT Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax, Spellbinders Classic Circles
Other/Stash: embossing powders, ribbon, ribbon slide, flat back rhinestones


I used an Outlawz Wednesday sketch, resizing to 5x7 in PSE and then printing out. I followed the measurements pretty strictly. I did choose to use more matting than the sketch suggests. I was seized with the idea to use black along with white accenting and I'm glad I did now. Just seemed strange at first, like I should choose only one.

 The inside of my card was lined with a grid card stock from Scenic Route, very old. Love this stuff and have hoarded it. Time to work on using it. Makes stamping easier for me, that's for sure.

Back of my card -- once again as I usually do, I made an arrangement from the leftovers and other snippets of this collection paper. Also, threw the unused ribbon from the front in the mix. Die cut a fishtail banner to stamp the siggie onto.

This card was made the way it looks it was. Clean and layered style, I suppose. Being a 5x7 card front and me using 6x6 papers, I had to cut the flowered layer in half at the black ribbon in order to stretch it to be 6.5". This paper collaection has a few sheets that are shimmery and shiny, due to foiling. The pink and white paper behind the dreamcatcher is one. Above you can see some of the shine.

I included a semi-translucent pink plastic ribbon slide I found in my stash drawers. Pulled 3 flat back rhinestones out to accent the top of each feather. Otherwise, kept it pretty flat for mailing.


Final look. Love how bold and bright and eye-catching my card is. That's the SEI papers at work along with the gorgeous Gecko Galz image, but also the black matting and accent pops of white.

CHALLENGES:
1.   Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Nov. 27-Dec. 11 -- sketch shown above
2.   Gecko Galz December Blog Challenge: In Dreams
3.   Gecko Galz December Facebook Challenge: Dreamy  -- theme
4.   More Mixed Media Dec. Challenge: AG + Opt. WHITE -- I've played the option
5.   Love to Craft Challenge #41: December AG
6.   Crafty Creations Challenge #404: AG
7.   Through the Craft Room Door Last 2019 Challenge: AG
8.   Happy Little Stamper December AG with Dies: AG with Dies
9.   Moo Mania Challenge #206: AG
10. Take a Word Challenge: Free
11. Outlawz Crash Your Stash Nov 15- Dec 14: Ribbon Slides
12. Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #70: AG -- I used Gecko Galz collage sheet images.
13. Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge December: AG with PP

Thanks for visiting me and have a great rest of week, XOX.

17 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

That's a gem. A wonderful card ...on the front and on the back, in and out so beautiful done!
Happy Christmastime Aimeslee!
Thank you for joining Moo Mania &More!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful how the colors match a great idea this type of cards. Get well soon alls!
greetings Elke

Words and Pictures said...

Yeeurgh... sounds like the same bug we've had here. Hope you feel lots better soon - it does like to hang on. This vivid card is just right for a grey rainy day - definitely upping my mood on what feels like a very bleak day in British politics too (hoping for a miracle, but it's not looking likely).
Alison x

Donna Ellis said...

While your card is absolutely beautiful, Aimes, being sick is not so wonderful. I hope you and hubby are soon feeling better. In the meantime, the colors in your papers, and the pretty black edging, really brings your dream catcher to life! Lovely! hugs, de

indybev said...

Great card! Thank you for participating in our challenge. Blessed holidays!

Meggymay said...

I hope you both will be feeling better soon, it seems to take longer to get well in the winter and things seem to linger with us.
Your card is wonderful and as always you take such care to decorate all the surfaces, lovely colours to brighten someones day.
Take care of yourselves and get well.
Yvonne xx

Crafting with Darcy said...

Sorry you've been under the weather! A lot of crud going around right now. Your card using the Outlawz Wednesday Sketch turned out beautifully! I love your dreamcatcher and how beautiful this card is!
Hugs!
Darcy

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! The papers and design look amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am SO sorry to read that you have been ill. It's no fun to have this horrible flu like cold. I had it last year and don't want it again this year. I feel for you two.

I had to laugh when you left a comment on the ONLY card I made this year. Come to think of it, it's been about FOUR years since I've made a card, any card. And you make these incredible, over the top, amazing cards day after day. I'm always impressed when I visit here because you share the most amazing layered and awesome cards. Your dream catcher card is no exception. It is simply and utterly gorgeous, well thought out, and designed beautifully, especially considering that the card and the paper weren't the right sizes.

I hope you have a fabulous holiday and will soon feel your same young self.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous dreamcatcher card -great layout and love the buckle on the ribbon.Hope you are feeling better-I have had two really poorly grandaughters for over a week with this flu/cold bug finally went home to their mums yesterday leaving me with their germs!!!
Carol x

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the colorful papers and that beautiful dreamcatcher die!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Aimeslee!
I am always impressed with your ability to mix paper patterns and come out with these beautiful and visually striking designs. When I try that, my projects come out looking like they would bring on a severe attack of vertigo! Beautiful project and perfectly executed!
Hugz,
Chana

Carole J said...

Such a stunner, Aimeslee! Love the gorgeous patterned papers and the bright colours are right up my street! Great idea to make a Dream Catcher with the beautiful image. It is perfect for the Gecko Galz 'In Dreams' December Challenge. Thank you for joining the fun! x
Carole DT xx

Andree said...

A super card. Lovely bright colours and great design.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore December Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Sandra Wright. said...

Awesome card Aimeslee, love all the elements to it.
Thank you for joining in with our challenge at More Mixed Media, especially when you haven't been well.
Hope you feel better very soon.
Merry Christmas...xx

Helen said...

I really hope your feeling better Aimeslee! Your card is wonderfully bright and happy with it's great colour and DP combinations! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Dies Challenge!

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Hi Aimeslee, your card is so very beautiful! Hope you're feeling much better now? Hugs, Zowie xx