Thursday, September 19, 2019

Hats Off To You Steampunk Birthday card

Thursday Greetings! Imelda has overstayed her welcome, lol. It's been raining here all week on the upper western Gulf Coast. We've been getting good soaking rains with periods of low-level flooding and some of us are experiencing some degree of Post-Harvey-Stress. We even had a few tornados touch down around us today. There has been one wonderful side effect: lower temps, yay! Perfect weather for making art, if you ask me. ;-)

I'm in need of more masculine birthday cards and am just pleased as punch with how this one finished up. I combined challenges for the feel of Autumn channeled through the fashion of the well-dressed vintage Steampunk gent in this Gecko Galz collage sheet image. I riffed off the hat theme for my sentiment using dies of hats (and other manly effects) as side adornments. Autumn's not just about leaves, ya know. ;-) winkwink.

 


I used an Outlawz Wednesday Sketch, rotating it 180 degrees and then resizing it in PSE to 6x6.

SUPPLIES:
Paper/Card Stock: Textured Bazill, Junkitz, SU, misc. stash snippets (mostly unknown makers)
Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly; EKS ImageTree; Hot Off The Press; Lawn Fawn
Inks: VersaFine Clair
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 17 Nesties; Impression Obsession Retro Masculine; Avery Elle Flags
Stash items: Gecko Galz image from Man O Man collage sheet; brown paper snippets; screw brad; 7Gypsies brown gaffer tape; tan paper photo corners; embossing powder; 2 round tags (unknown makers)

This is my Browns paper snippets stash. My goal was to make a brown monochrome Autumn Steampunk card, to use plaid and a tag, and use snippets Notice the large plaid snippets - those became my base mat layers on the front and back of my card. Maker is Junkitz and that's the only maker I remember. Some of these snippets might could draw Social Security, LOL. At any rate, except for the card base, this card's paper is all snippets this time around. I was lucky to find papers that reminded me of fabrics a vintage gent wears in cooler weather.

 I layered 2 very old tags from my tags stash (I now have stashes for every type of supply, lol), stamped and heat-embossed my sentiment and attached with a screw brad (wait for it) that was lurking in my brad stash. Heehee I had just enough of the brown stitched gaffer tape left and it has a fabric feel. I'd just bought the photo corners a few weeks ago, so they are the newest thing on the card.

 For the inside, I used all HOTP stamps. I lined the inside with snippets in a light tan/brown to help the stamps be more readable.

 For the back, I simply cut another Label die with a snippet and stamped the Lawn Fawn siggie on it.

One final view ...

CHALLENGES:
1.  Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Sept. 4-17 -- sketch shown above
2.  Rainbow Card Challenge #9: Beautiful Brown 
3.  Pixie's Snippet Playground #361: AG with a Snippet -- Just playing to participate because I 150% qualify this time and then some, LOL, so No to draw, thanks for your generosity, Di!
4.  Use Your Stuff Challenge #375: Tags and or Frames -- "Happy Birthday" round tag
5.  Double Trouble Challenge #38: Mad for Plaid -- Thing 1: Brown plaid on front and back, bottom mat layer + Thing 3: Entered Use Your Stuff Challenge + Thing 2: Used a Round Tag.  
  
6.  More Mixed Media Challenge: AG + Opt. Browns -- I played the option with this monochrome brown card.
7.  Aud Sentiments Challenge #236: Sentiment + AG
8.  Mix It Up Challenge #29: AG  -- DID NOT PLAY OPTION
9.  Gecko Galz Challenge Blog Sept.: Steampunk Autumn
10. Gecko Galz Facebook Sept. Challenge: Monochrome Card -- my twist is stitching
11. Moo Mania Challenge #200: Autumn Glory -- I was inspired by the feel of Autumn in vintage men's fashions.

Thanks so much for dropping by. I enjoyed your visit and welcome you back anytime! XOX

14 comments:

missgailly said...

I'm a big fan of steampunk and therefore a big fan of your card! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Di said...

What a great card Aimeslee - perfect Steampunk for a chap! You're right to be pleased with it.

And listen here Missie. I offer prizes in the full knowledge and acceptance that folk from other countries might win. I used to split prizes if (say) I had non-paired items such as a set of sentiments and a set of images that could work well alone but I did stop doing that so anything I offer as a prize will be sent to any winner no matter where they live!

Hugs

Di xx

jeanchaneyaz said...

Loving this Steampunk themed creation! Thank you for joining us over at he Double Trouble Challenge Blog!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so much fun! I just love the Hats Off sentiment!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a great masculine card, love that plaid and the frame you used for your photo, and you didn't miss any side of the card...that's cool. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Use Your Stuff.

Meggymay said...

You have created a super selection of cards. The masculine one is fantastic . I find it hard to make them for the men in my family. I also really love how you design the insides of your cards as well.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Wow- That's a perfect card for a "gentleman" Gorgeous masterpiece! Great to see it at Moo Mania & More Aimeslee, thank you! Happy weekend!
Susi

Elaine Stark said...

A great male card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Crafting with Darcy said...

A great Steampunk card, Amy! I love that you were able to use our Outlawz Sketch to make such a great card! I love all the things that you put together to make an awesome card design! Great stream of photos, too! I love how organized you are!

sue t. said...

A super guy card and awesome use of brown. Join us again at The Rainbow Card Challenge!!

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Rainbow Card Challenge this time and good luck :)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Aimslee, this is fab! Thanks for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Em DT

Helen said...

A great design - love all the details you've added.

Thanks for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog.

Helen x

Melanie R said...

What a perfect card for my nephew! I especially like that you thoroughly decorated the card and included the Buffalo check/plaid. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble.