So, I feel the pressure to make THE most special card for him. (There have been years when I just gave up and bought a card, lol.) This year, I was not sure I could pull it off. I had it in my head to use a stamp I've had for awhile but never used before, Stamping Bella's Forever My Always. So, I'm staring at this week's Split Coast Stampers Wednesday Sketch (which was really hard for me to visualize at first) and then BOOM! it hit me to make what I call a split-level card. So that is what I've done and I LOVE IT! It wasn't that easy to photograph, so I hope I am giving you the full idea of it.
Here is the front as it opens. It's a 5x7 (A7) card with 1/2" cut off the front side edge so that you see the My Love strip when it is closed, hence, why I call it a split-level card...like a house, I guess lol. In addition to the adorable Stamping Bella couple stamp which I colored with my ProMarkers and fussy cut, the 3 sentiments are by Stamping Bella, Sheena Douglass for Crafters Companion and Avery Elle. I used VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink and clear-heat-embossed them. The small flag die cut at top is My Favorite Things and the large flag die cut at the bottom is Avery Elle. The background was stenciled with Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber Distress Inks using a Memory Box stencil.
1. Split Coast Stampers Wednesday Sketch Challenge #750 - Sketch is shown above
2. Scrapping4Fun Challenge #141: Masculine
3. Love to Scrap Challenge #121: Anything Goes + Opt. Challenge Masculine - I have played the masculine option, this is a card for my husband.
4. Mix It Up Challenge #25: Anything Goes + Opt. Mixed Media - I have played the option. I have stamping, stenciling, die cutting, heat-embossing, paper layering (collage) and coloring with alcohol markers and Distress and pigment inks
5. Stamplorations Mixed Media Challenge May: Always Anything Mixed Media Goes with a Stencil
More Mixed Media May Challenge: Anything Goes with Optional Pink - my creation is mixed media but I did not choose to play the color option. I have stamping, stenciling, die cutting, heat-embossing, paper layering (collage) and coloring with alcohol markers and Distress and pigment inks
7. Love to Craft Challenge #34: May Anything Goes
8. 613 Avenue Create Challenge #221: Anything Goes + Opt. Twist Shaker Card - I did not play the twist.
9. Country View Challenge May: Opposites - Man and Woman: Opposites Attract (describes our happy marriage this card is celebrating)
10. Use Your Stuff Challenge #360: Mood Board - I was inspired by the red, yellow and grays, and I saw the board as very romantic, as in things you would do on a date in May...like an anniversary. :-)
IkesWorld Challenge #120: E is for Emboss + Anything Goes - all of my sentiments and the focal image are heat-embossed.
12. Crafting from the Heart Challenge #244: Always Anything Goes
13. Outlawz Color Tuesdays May 21- Jun 3: Purple + 2 Other Colors + Tell Us Your Twist - I chose purple, red and yellow and my twist is use a stencil.
14. Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge May 23-Jun 5: Twist is Masculine - my card is for my husband.
15. Jo's Scrap Shack Challenge #283: Always AG
16. Try It On Tuesday Let's Party 10th Birthday Share
17. Lost Coast Designs Challenge #76: Use Some Words - I stamped and have 3 sentiments on my card (and a ton more inside).
18. Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge May 17-30: Anniversary/Wedding Theme
That is it for me this time. THANKS for visiting and come back! Catch you laterz, gatorz! XOX