Friday, October 13, 2017

Birthday Card Using Transitional Ombre Technique

 Happy Indian Summer, Y'all! We are midway through October and finally getting some cooler drier weather here on the upper Texas Gulf Coast. Our Fall won't be until closer to Thanksgiving, so this time of year is usually for slowly letting go of the beach and the heat. Water's still on my mind, so for a special girlfriend I made a birthday card. The Technique Junkie Design Team challenge is to use the Transitional Ombre technique, and I try to play, so I used it on this background.

I punched my strips using that Fiskars Wave punch in the photo above (center).

This is what the technique looked like before finishing the card. The ombre part is choosing complementary shades of cardstock in the same color and arranging them to transition across the piece.


In PSE I used my A2 Innie master file (5.5 x 4.25) to type out a greeting to her for the inside.



The focal point is a Technique Junkies stamp Van Gogh's Sailboats. I used Making Memories Tiny Alphas Brown Ledger stickers for the sentiment.

That's all for now. I'm working on a few Halloween pieces and will post as I finish. 

Blessings to us all, for golden harvests and plentiful bounties! 


No comments: