Friday, May 6, 2016

Gelatos Fun

Hideeho! Two sleeps until Mother's Day, and like many, I am putting the finishing touches on this year's card to my mother-in-law. It will be ready to share tomorrow, so for now I thought I would share last year's card (which never got shared due to my blogging hiatus). While rooting around in my computer files, I discovered a sympathy card I'd made using the same technique and focal point stamp. So I'll share them both.

Paper used: 110# white card stock, Basic Grey Wisteria, deli paper
Stamps used: Cornish Heritage Farms Silhouette Tulips, Lizzie Anne Designs Winged Mother
Other Supplies: Prima flowers, Queen & Co. Felt Fusion border, Doodlebug brads, Spellbinders Labels 3, Scalloped Ovals, Gelatos, Embossing powder, ink
Technique: Technique Junkies Rubbed Gelatos technique

I stamped the tulips with Versamark ink and heat-embossed with white powder. I needed to get every bit of the stamped surface covered and I have the best luck using that combination, although pigment ink in the same color as the powder works well for me, too. I then scribbled the Gelatos around the image and using my finger I rubbed it out across the paper, adding Gelato and rubbing until the entire surrounding surface was covered. Finally, I took a paper towel and rubbed the Gelatos off the tulips; I also rubbed a darker green Gelato around the die cut to subtly outline the focal point.

I matted it on a larger die cut of coordinating paper, then stamped the sentiment on the scalloped die cut from deli paper. I adhered the felt border on the easel front stop mat and attached the flowers with the brads before adhering the mat to the card base. I also covered every other outside surface with the Basic Grey paper. I just didn't take photos of every angle. Final step was ink distressing the paper edges.

Paper used: SU card stock, Memory Box Echo Collection
Stamps used: Cornish Heritage Farms Silhouette Tulips, Sympathy Expressions, Kimberly Polson Filigree Borders
Other supplies: Martha Stewart Loopy Border punch, Spellbinders Labels 9 dies, Gelatos, Embossing powder, inks
Technique: Technique Junkies Rubbed Gelatos technique

Same technique and materials for focal point. Looking at the card, you can pretty much see what I did without me going into the weeds of it, lol.

The card stock paper I used is a very old 6x6 pack, not to be confused with Echo Park. This is all solid colored with beautiful color variations of blues, greens, purples. I did not do that blue to green effect on the card base mat, that is what the paper looks like. Isn't it pretty? I have another Memory Box collection like this called Enlighten in yellows, oranges, browns.
I used the same inks and embossing powder on this stamped sentiment and border as I did on the tulips, and I edged the tulips die cut the same way as the first card. This was a good way to use the two technique samples I had made. I got two completely different cards using basically the same focal point. If you are in need of an easy Gelatos technique, give this a try. Just make sure to completely cover your silhouette image with the colored heat embossing powder or your bald spots will be Gelato'd!

Thanks as always for visiting my blog and for leaving me a comment. Let me know what you think - have you done this technique or similar? Do you have other Gelato techniques that you like to do? I'd love to hear about them! Have a great day and see ya tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be sharing this year's Mother's Day card! xoxo

No comments: