Friday, April 22, 2016

Shimmer Sheetz Beatz

 Hello, friends! I'm sharing a card today that I made with a Shimmer Sheetz using the Technique Junkies Aged Metal technique from the Emboss or Die CD . I also used a TJ stamp Free My Soul.
 
I used this previous sketch as my general design. This was my first time using the Sheetz material. I had to emboss it with a Spellbinders folder and then swipe the raised surface with a Stazon inkpad. All went well. The technique was simple as could be.

This was a birthday card, so I wanted the innie sentiment to be something more special than any of my stamps said, so I made my own in PSE. I stamped the musical background (I Brake for Stamps background stamp) on the card, then scanned that in to use as a template for positioning my text, then deleted that scanned-in layer before printing the sentiment on the stamped card. I do this all the time and it always works perfectly. Just be careful not to resize any of it, and don't merge any of it.

A border punch and a scrap of stash ribbon complete the card. I would like to eventually make more birthday cards like this one, which is not overtly messaging that it's for a birthday until you open it. I suppose they are more like arty cards or note cards. Whatever they should be called, you're not tied down to using only birthday-themed materials and that is why I like them. I am always shy about making them, though (will the recipient like?), so I will have to work on changing my mindset!

Well, off to pay some bills. Hope you are having fun! xoxo





No comments: