Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Friendly Flowers and Questions Answered


I made this for a girlfriend I've known since high school for her birthday. She moved away early on so I have not seen her in years, but we stay connected on Facebook. Since I moved my cutting dies to wall sheet magnets (magnetic wallpaper! lol) and can see them more easily, I've been using them more. (One day I'll take photos and share.)

I had this 3-pack of Petaloo flowers and I got tired of looking at them in my purple flowers drawer, where they were there all alone. I also needed an empty drawer for my cancelled postage stamps which I'd had to evict from their previous location because.... anyone with too much stuff knows this explanation can go on and on, so I'll spare you the domino effect. The time had come to use these flowers. So, a window box appeared in my mind. I gathered the dies I had (a Sizzix framelits die they call a grid) and half of a Spellbinders Lotus pendant diecut leftover. I did not have a windowbox die so I had to make one. I looked at my Spellbinders flower pots die, so I used the top lip of one. I had some purple brocade ribbon with little  bows that I used as the ground bloom in the box. I grabbed some green scrap strips for the flower stalks. I found a magazine photo of a patio and trimmed it to put behind the window.

The sentiment stamp is Papertrey Ink.

My background is a Technique Junkie technique using punched circles called Collaged Circles. I used my leftover circles on the back:
And I used an old Splitcoast Stamper sketch:

 
I do not play with sketches in real time. I choose exclusively from old sketches, it holds down the stress. But I'd be lost without a sketch about half the time. Sometimes a design just appears in my head, but not always.

Now, I have had a few questions about my scene stamping Cinderella piece from those wanting to know a little more about how I did the scene.  Here's a PSE file that shows the original printout on the left and the finished piece on the right:



And here are the stamps I used for the scene, all Impression Obsession Cover-a-Cards:


I/O Bookshelves


I/O Distressed Brick


I/O Woodplanks

Hopefully this helps to see what I did. I apologize for not including this with the original post, but better late than never, right? xoxo
 
 
 

7 comments:

Michele said...

the flower piece is darling! the cinderella piece is exqusite as well! xo

micisip.blogspot.com said...

Wow Amy, this is really beautiful!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, and thanks for showing the in-between steps. Thanks for your visits on my blog. Been busy cleaning and moving furniture this week, getting ready for my knee OP! Hugs, Valerie

Beth Norman said...

How neat that you just reconnected with your girlfriend on FB. I have reconnected with some elementary school friends too. This is such a pretty card. I love Petaloo flowers and they really make your card pop.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love the window box you created, and the flowers are just beautiful! I have found a couple of friends from elementary school too- more from High School- on Facebook, What a blast to stay connected!

Karen McAlpine said...

Awesome scene stamping!!! Lovely b-day, she will love it. Magnetic wall paper...hmmmmm... Have a super day!

Electra said...

I am loving your creativity here!!