Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Birthday, Hubster!

 The Hubster turns 60 today and so the card I made him reflects his love for the brass instruments he played in his high school band.
 I had these very old B-Muse collage sheet instrument images. I cut them out and paired them with some Basic Grey Marjolaine papers an assorted alpha stickers.
 The circles were cut using my discontinued old-skool and beloved Coluzzle templates. The blade on my Coluzzle knife finally dulled out, and since I can no longer buy the refills, I'd taken a chance and picked up some Fiskars swivel knife blade refills. This was the moment of truth and I am happy to report that they work great in the Coluzzle knife. YAY!!! (I was really dreading having to face a life without my Coluzzles, but now I don't have to worry, big relief!)
 The inside sentiment, which I wrote and printed out, says, "Strike up the band / On the day you were born / Happy Birthday to the guy / Who can always toot my horn!" LOL He liked it. :-)))
Tonight we are having a private dining party at Cullen's of Houston, a fancy restaurant that is hosting the dinner portion of Houston's Titanic Centennial Exhibit. They have a round room suspended from the ceiling that seats 12, and for $12,000, you can book a private tour of the Titanic Exhibit at Houston Museum of Natural Science and transport by motor coach to Cullens for an authentic Titanic dinner for 12. Sadly, we did not purchase that, but hey, we'll be looking at the richy riches who did and eating pretty much the same food for a whole lot less money. It's gonna be fun.

6 comments:

teri said...

I am not too good at scrapbooking or card making, so I don't know what this coluzzle word is, but if it helps you make pretty cards like that, it's great! Your husband is a lucky fellow to have a wife who loves him as you do.

I wonder why they don't make another ship something like the titanic. I'd take a cruise on it. But maybe I'm being thoughtless, I dunno.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to your hubs! I hope you had fun at the dinner.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to the Hubster!
Love the card; you sure know what you are doing with that circle gizmo!

Cathy L. Calamas said...

love all those circles. great card.
great color palette, too.

Unknown said...

Amy,
You can't mess up on a Mandala or Zentangle!!! That is why it is so relaxing. If you look at some of mine very carefully, you will see mis-strokes, however it does not ever show in the big picture. Try it.

micisip.blogspot.com said...

Your cards are really good Amy! Love them all. I'm an old school coluzzle person too! :)