Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cover it Pretty

Let's alter some envelopes to decorate them nicely for mailing...well, you can watch while I do.
I begin with a gorgeous hand made, stamped envie made out of a paper grocery bag from my friend Lotus. I paint bands of white acrylic paint across it.
Then, I watercolor-paint some red bands and let dry.
A close-up.
 
Cover with stamps and colorful Stazon inks.
 
Glue envelope together -- Love how all of the designs look together.

Add labels of rectangle sticker paper altered with stamps and ink (wish I could show you the calligraphy I did, but the addressee may not appreciate me sharing her info).
Another view of the envie ready to mail...
Inspired by an envie received in the mail, I created a handful of additional envies by painting, inking and stamping simple yet graphic designs on grocery bag paper cut into envie shapes using a template. I will use these as alternatives to a padded mailer for smaller sized contents, as it is really easy to adhere the bubble wrap to the thick grocery bag paper that keeps its shape and crispness beautifully.