Tuesday, February 22, 2011

kEEPING iT sIMPLE

I'll get this down soon, I hope...got another email asking for a photo of the Scrapworks embellie sheet from yesterday's card, so here it is:

You can see the missing frame and corners on the left sheet at the top. That was what I used. And the cut-out spot underneath it is what I used to emboss the signature on the back. Also at the bottom is where the rectangle I used is missing...
 One thing I have discovered from sharing my using old supplies is that I am not alone. Seems like there is always someone else who emails me that they have the same stuff in their stash, too.

So, today I have another birthday card to share with you. My goal here was to use this old Urban Lily paper from their Back in Black collection:

And also this paper from the same collection:


Okay, right away, I figured the best thing to do was to cut the paper into 6x6" squares, so a square card was called for. These are papers with big patterns and I opted to just KISS (keep it simple). I came up with this:


I used dotted swiss ribbon on lace, a large paper flower, a copic-colored flower chipboard and a biggie flat brad. I stamped the sentiment (by Verve) on white cardstock and used a label punch on it. I also made a strip for the card top with one of my border punches. I added a black cardstock layer and matted it all to the front.

The inside: MFT sentiment stamps and some scraps border-punched with candles...


The back: patterned paper matted on cardstock, simple, no competing with the pattern...