Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Fun Continues...

Work inches on in the Playroom. The cd cases of stamps are finding their way into their new case, and I now know I'm about 45 cases over. So, I'll have to use one of my plastic cd towers for my background and background element stamps. Slightly disappointed...
Yet, I must feed the addiction for future stamp purchases...a few empty cases here and there to grow on. I'm sure the order will change, but I'm already daydreaming of using my system. I still need to stamp out and scan in so many cases. And a few more to get into the cases. A perpetual project, I think, but I do love having my stamps. It would help to quit buying them for a while...
Remember those papered rolls? Well, The Hubs put up this pvc and shower rod socket ribbon system in each of my skinny windows, and I ordered these solar curtains because they said you could see out but not in and it keeps the room cooler in summer and warmer in winter. All that for $4 a window, which I just knew was too good to be true, but I took a chance.

The cons? The silver shiny turns on inside at night when the light bulbs hit it. On the outside, it looks somewhat like aluminum foil but not quite. This takes getting used by both of us, who were raised to equate foil in the windows to trailer trash.
The pros? The room is cooler. You can see out in the daytime (as in the photo above). You cannot see in from the outside in the daytime or night time. You can see light and shadowy movement, and I wouldn't use them in my bedroom, but they'll be fine as long as I don't take up creating in the buff at 2 a.m.
In the meantime, I'm using a solar product that is cheaper than squat, it just looks ... silver. I'm giving it a chance because I'm thinking I could live with it, so much so I may order them for the other 7 skinny windows exactly like these 3. And use them for the holidays, when silver is perfectly fine. Then, in January, we can decide whether to keep them up or use only at holidays. And total cost is $40. Hey, if this be trailer trash, make mine one with a garden tub and separate shower, please. :-))
Now, bare with me on these ribbon holders. I need to wind a crapload of ribbon (only got one roll on bottom rung, center roll). But it was the only way I could see it all and I wanted to take a chance on it. Hubs thinks it is a pretty cool way to use the space since I did not want window treatments (I plan to keep the 80" iron curtain rod right where it is and hang stuff from it, probably more ribbon, winkwink).