Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beauty

Just a little something I made last week for the monthly lottery at Paper Traders yahoo group. The theme is open and I was still in my Asian mood.


This week I'm up to my neck in making vintage tags for a swap at Gluebots yahoo group. They are coming along about as slowly as turtles on a racetrack. And I'm already late getting them in the mail. So tomorrow I'm going to contact the swap hostess and find out if she still wants them.


I can't complain much about my creative energy because it's been hanging in there, but the old muse does sputter a lot. The flow is not consistent. I've decided not to load up on swaps for a while, except for a couple of post card swaps of single cards, in an effort to ease up on the deadlines. Lately, I've been getting frustrated easily when the ideas (and output) doesn't flow on time.


I mean, what is this, a job? Okay then, where's my paycheck? LOLOL


Hopefully, I can get it all sorted out before too long....


Until next time,

3 comments:

Tatiana Kuzyk said...

I can relate to your feeling of being a overcomitted to way too many projects and deadlines.... in my experience I can usually notice a shift from creating to producing when I'm chasing a deadline. My creative energy is 'leaking out' of me and my trust in the process is waning down rapidly. I try to go within, shut all the real and metaphorical doors for a while and re-prioritize.... remembering that my sanity and inner peace must come first.
I love the oriental imagery and deep color undertones.
XO,
Tatiana

Teresa aka Tess said...

When a hobby becomes a job
And the doing is no longer fun
It's time to step away for a while
It's time to turn around and run...
Get outdoors and get inspired, it works for me...

Timaree said...

It's really hard to not join in on all the fun things here in the cybercrafting neighborhood but we pay the price when we do! I've done that myself. Pulling back and letting your current ones get finished without taking on any new ones for a short while(no sense in thinking you won't join in again cause you will) will help recharge the batteries.