Friday, September 28, 2018

Tagging a Little Peace of Winter

Happy Friday to all my blogging friends. Today I have a tag to share, which is my first official home decoration for Christmas. This is not going on a card, so I committed to that with the ribbon and fiber. And as is my usual practice, there's another make on the back which I will show you soon but for now, this side.

I began with these materials/supplies:


plus some Sienna Brown chalk ink, some loose clear rhinestones, the peace diecut I received as a freebie in an order and ribbon/fiber from my stash.

I cut the snowflake from a scrap of kraft cardstock. This was my working design, but seemed a bit plain to me...
so of course, put some Stickles in my hand and nothing is safe! It's Bling to the Max, lol. And hey, it's Christmas and a home decoration. Plus, I love the way the lights catch the bling. I could make an entire tree of these decorations and I may pull every single tag this size out of every Basic Grey collections I have and do just that! Well, at least the 4 Christmas-themed collections I have and PLENTY of paper to make more...

A note on the overall color of this piece: one thing I always admired about Basic Grey (are they still in business making paper?) was their use of the blue-green range, early on. I would always ask, is this a blue or a green? Here we have an excellent example. And among the blue-greens, I'd call this mostly teal. A tad more green than blue, and deep. The shot above shows the green in it, while

this shot shows more blue-ish tones, and no filters were used on either shot, same lights and camera. I used an assortment of shades to color with, using the Smooch inks to color the sentiment and the Liquid Pearls in a few other areas. White and the sienna brown are used as accenting and distressing. I chose Sienna because it's a color occurring in nature, an orange-y reddish brown, and the complement to a true blue is orange while the complement to a true green is red. So because I'm using a blue-green teal, Sienna complements quite nicely, I think.

Another detail shot for the bling:

I am including this tag in the following challenges:

They want 4 or more media and I've used paper, inks, paint, glitter glue and rhinestones.


oh wow, I have both! I think I will choose T is for TEAL.


My tag base is patterned paper.

This challenge limits me to 15 challenges total.

This is my 5th and final time to enter a project to this challenge.

This is my 2nd and final time to enter this challenge.


I have used multiple media and have used Sienna brown as an accent color.

As I explained in my post, I've used Sienna brown which is a hybrid complement to the hybrid blue-green of teal.

I have lots of handmade dots with the Liquid Pearls and there are many spots and dots on the patterned paper tag base.


I have created a shabby vintage mixed media tag that celebrates snowflakes, a natural element of weather.

That's it for me this time. 
I thank you very much for taking the time to drop by and allow me to share my art with you. 
See you next time - enjoy your day!
xoxo







No comments: