Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Daze to Me

Greetings and Happy Mother's Day, hope it was a good day for all you moms. Well, I ended up not finishing my mother-in-law's card until 6 a.m. today, then got about 4 hours of sleep, then up and cleaned the house, which included getting all my art stuff off the dining table - the worst part! lol Hubby unintentionally gave me a clue that dear daughter was coming today for a surprise visit. I'm one of those homemakers who cannot enjoy visitors if my house is not at the very least minimally clean, so I got busy.  And we had the best visit! It was a good day. But now I feel like I'm in a daze, not much good for anything, lol.

This is a full 6x6 inch square card and dimensioned with the flat back pearls, round pearls hot-glued into the flower centers and 1/8" dimensional tape under the Avery Elle-Ements fishtail banner.

I used an old Mojo Monday sketch from 2011.


The banner's decorative header is part of the Spellbinders Doilies Floral Motifs dies. The scalloped circle and loopy-border rectangle are also Spellbinders. The photo corners are My Favorite Things. The pearls, ribbon and flowers from my stash. The papers are Basic Grey Eva and old Mother-themed paper that I long ago forgot who made it.

I grabbed a Basic Grey tag and stamped the Hand stamped For You on it. I was going to fill those photo corner holes with more pearls but my fingers cramped up trying to hold those tiny suckers. Doodled with a Sakura metallic gel pen.

Those square letters are, I believe, ancient Melissa Frances that came with some baby-themed images and labels. I matted them on some of the Eva paper. Lawn Fawn makes the For You sentiment.
On the inside, I did a little doodling with gel pens on that letter M, cut with a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Pendants die. The verse is another one I thought up and created in PSE, cutting it with a Spellbinders Labels 14 die.
Thanks for visiting and commenting. I'll be back tomorrow with my Altered Rolodex cards or Rolos for short. Wherever you are, I hope your world is full of Happy! xoxo

No comments: