Thursday, March 17, 2016

WOYWW #354

I'm linking up today with WOYWW #354 and sending healing thoughts and prayers for its founder and leader, Julia.  Please join me if you can. I believe in the power of it.

This was on my desk this morning, images colored for a card to be made for one of my nieces who will graduate in respiratory therapy in May. I wanted to send her an encouragement card and dug up the only 2 medical worker stamps I own, and since one is cute and young and the other...well, I just had to use them both.

Here they are closer up. The cute one is a very old Docabella Stamping Bella stamp. The other one is I Brake for Stamps. I colored them both with my Copics. The "You've Got This" is from an Avery Elle set. The oval frame is a Tim embossing folder (Book Cover set, I think), and the rectangular scalloped frame is Spellbinders.

This is the other Smooch Ink background I was going to share. I used Nautical Navy to do the same Smooch Painted Texture technique as I did with the spring tulips on Monday's card. This time was A LOT harder as the raised embossed portions were many times just thin lines, and so I said a few prayers of thanks that luckily I had chosen a shabby-type embossed design that did not require me to be exact in my Smoochin'. In fact, when I (finally!) finished, I was pretty pleased with the outcome.


So, anyway, after dickering with it on and off all dang day, I finally finished the card. I popped the sentiment up a bit after adding some sheer ribbon, a flower and brad, and 3 center brads I had with empty tops (to add your own bling - I opted for red Stickles). I was always told in my college art class that if you use a color once, use it again somewhere else on your canvas even if it's a tiny dot. If used once in a corner, use again in an opposite corner, keep to center if used in center, etc. So, I have always tried to remember to do that.

So, opening the card, you are greeted with this, lol. I do hope that it gives a chuckle, or at least a snicker. I find it harder and harder to make cards for younger people because our sense of humors are different. Oh, well, at least I'm not (yet) Aunt Clara from A Christmas Story. You know, the one who made Ralphie the bunny suit? Eegads!!

I thought about leaving the back of the card white, but I had this Hawaiian flower paper that matched the ribbon perfectly (note to file for future: use them together and use them both up! lol), and I do like to try and cover as many of the 4 card surfaces as I can with paper, I went with it. I'd also cut out another sheet to put inside and stamp the innie sentiment on a white die cut, but only remembered that plan the second I'd stamped the innie sentiment perfectly directly on the card. Don't you hate when that happens? I could have gone ahead with my plan and just stamped again, but laziness overtook me. Many times I have all these big plans for details on my cards, but am lucky to get half of them done before losing interest (I call it the whiney Are We There Yet? syndrome).

So, anyway, that's what I've got for you today. I hope it was worth the read! Thanks for joining me. I appreciate the visit, especially if you let me know you were here! Have a good one and Happy Arting!  xoxo

No comments: