Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cradle will rock...

Just wanted to share some pics of my new bookbinding cradle, made by this guy:
It is incredibly well-made. Hubs had given me the go-ahead to buy it after looking at Jim's online, and when it arrived was very pleased with the quality and the price.
I really like the shape of it. Reminds me of honest-to-goodness 19th century tools or some such. Low-tech, high quality, does what you need. Surprising that any of that is still left in our world.
I played around with laying some creased paper into the groove and using an awl and a template, but that's all so far as to putting it to work. I do have one set of signatures for a journal I began last year and bagged up. Maybe I can interest myself enough to break the surly bonds of this heat wave that's begun to sap my every waking second and reduce my productivity to nothing. Ugh, it...and I are getting old, old, old. Well, we'll just try to keep cool and carry cradle on...